Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjn138

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Anyone notice that Podcasts are missing from the new iTunes app? I assume this will be fixed over the next few days, as I believe the stores can be changed without updating the OS, but for those people who listen to podcasts, it might be worth waiting to upgrade.

gage006

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2010
Anyone notice that Podcasts are missing from the new iTunes app? I assume this will be fixed over the next few days, as I believe the stores can be changed without updating the OS, but for those people who listen to podcasts, it might be worth waiting to upgrade.

Beta.

Anyways, you can get to it from the option in the Music app.

mjn138

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Actually, that button takes you to something, but not the podcast itself. Doesn't even seem possible to download new podcasts at this point.

Not complaining, fully understand the beta concept...

gage006

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2010
Actually, that button takes you to something, but not the podcast itself. Doesn't even seem possible to download new podcasts at this point.

Not complaining, fully understand the beta concept...

Strange. I don't use iTunes to manage podcasts anymore so I can't test it but just what someone said in another post.

mjn138

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
I actually don't either.

You can get to your own podcasts from within the Music app, but you can't actually search for/download any podcasts. One of my friends listens to a lot of podcasts, so he was somewhat aggravated with this. Also I think his podcast app (not sure the name) was crashing (not surprisingly as its a beta).

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Me either.

I think Apple really wanted to push across to people that this is beta software. There is no AirPlay or Ping either. iTunes U is broken too. That's as much as I can see so far as I've only used it for the past two hours.

Really folks, do not update to a beta if you're wanting to use your device as you normally would. I only did it as my iPhone 4 is not my main device anymore and it's just sitting on my desk unused.

gage006

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2010
Me either.

I think Apple really wanted to push across to people that this is beta software. There is no AirPlay or Ping either. iTunes U is broken too. That's as much as I can see so far as I've only used it for the past two hours.

Really folks, do not update to a beta if you're wanting to use your device as you normally would. I only did it as my iPhone 4 is not my main device anymore and it's just sitting on my desk unused.

AirPlay is still there, works fine. It's in the multitasking bar. Also, no one cares about Ping.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Sounds like a problem with your device. I was just using mine earlier, worked fine.

http://cl.ly/2j3B3t1v3w3h3J2r2X1t

I just realized why now. Heh.

The icon will only appear if your device or computer is logged onto a Wi-Fi network which has an AirPlay-enabled recipient, such as Apple TV (2nd generation or 3rd generation).

I don't have AirServer installed.

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
I wonder if Apple is prepping a Podcasts app. I wouldn't mind a more appley podcast experience (than Instacast which seems to have gotten worse/slower in it's last update) without having to sync with a computer to stay up to date.

Felder71

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2008
I wonder if Apple is prepping a Podcasts app. I wouldn't mind a more appley podcast experience (than Instacast which seems to have gotten worse/slower in it's last update) without having to sync with a computer to stay up to date.

Try Downcast. I would prefer a native experience, but Downcast sure has all of the bases covered. I doubt anything introduced from Apple at this point would match up.

mrial

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2007
Saint Paul, MN
You can still get podcasts into the iPhone iOS 6 beta. Download them into iTunes on your computer, turn on podcast sync for your device and then sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.