Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chiisuchianu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
They don't have any 8GB configs of the new Air at the Apple store near me :mad: and I asked the "Genius" how long it would take to get to the store if I ordered one, she said 2 weeks! WTF

Any of you all ordered from the Apple website yet? Received your new stuff yet? Or even got a tracking number/shipping estimate? The Apple website says "free FAST shipping" so... Not sure what to think here.

Compstud

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2012
They don't have any 8GB configs of the new Air at the Apple store near me :mad: and I asked the "Genius" how long it would take to get to the store if I ordered one, she said 2 weeks! WTF

Any of you all ordered from the Apple website yet? Received your new stuff yet? Or even got a tracking number/shipping estimate? The Apple website says "free FAST shipping" so... Not sure what to think here.

I just ordered a MacBook Air 13" with the 2.0 Ghz i7, 8GB, 256GB and estimated pickup date is July 21. I ordered it on July 12 at about 1am. Apparently, it's on the way to the apple store since yesterday.

----------

Also make sure to use the educational pricing, you get cheaper MacBook air and cheaper apple care and a free 100$ gift card for back to school. I did it and just put my old college, last time I went to school was 2008.

MacBird

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2010
Also make sure to use the educational pricing, you get cheaper MacBook air and cheaper apple care and a free 100$ gift card for back to school. I did it and just put my old college, last time I went to school was 2008.

Why do you think it is a good idea to recommend/admit illicit behavior on a public forum?

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003

Would you steal a Porsche and then write a letter to Car & Driver boasting about it?

Maybe you would. Maybe you're stupid.

Retina MacBook

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2012

Mine took me 4 Days.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I ordered on the 17th early evening configured with 8gb ram. Gift card shipped on the 18th, got notification computer shipped this morning 19th.

Supposed to get on the 25th. Would've been faster, but I opted for regular shipping.

nikot

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Ordered i7, 8gb, 256 on the 14th and received it on the 12th and received it on the 17th.

JMountainDew

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
6 days from BTO order on apple.com to arrival on my doorstep. Paid the $14 expedited shipping. Well worth it.

Raejin

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2012
I ordered mine last Saturday (July 14th). And it's now at Oakland, CA. Fortunately I live in the bay area so I might just get it tomorrow even though the estimated delivery says July 23rd.

Oh, I didn't expedite the shipment.

Yay! I can't wait!

JMountainDew

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
How can you expedite the order?

Once the item is in your cart, you have two shipping options:
1) Ship to home address or pick up at an Apple store. I selected ship to home. 2) Standard shipping - free or 2-3 business day shipping - $14.
I opted for the faster $14 shipping.

Vandefilm

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2012
Once the item is in your cart, you have two shipping options:
1) Ship to home address or pick up at an Apple store. I selected ship to home. 2) Standard shipping - free or 2-3 business day shipping - $14.
I opted for the faster $14 shipping.

Ok, i did the first, so there is no way i can expedite it áfter this?

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
...so there is no way i can expedite it áfter this?
You bought something, selected faster shipping, and completed checkout. What else do you think you should be able to do? What else have you been able to do after completing online purchases at other site?

jj97101

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2012
Ok, i did the first, so there is no way i can expedite it áfter this?

Only some countries allow for expedited shipping, if you live in the US then it shouldn't be a problem but for example me (I live in Hong Kong) the expedited shipping is not an option.
Hope this helps.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Only some countries allow for expedited shipping, if you live in the US then it shouldn't be a problem but for example me (I live in Hong Kong) the expedited shipping is not an option.
Hope this helps.
What? The guy already selected expedited shipping, so clearly his country allows it. He was asking what else he could do, i.e., a post-purchase change to make the product arrive even faster than expedited. Sounds like this is his first online purchase. :rolleyes:

jj97101

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2012
What? The guy already selected expedited shipping, so clearly his country allows it. He was asking what else he could do, i.e., a post-purchase change to make the product arrive even faster than expedited. Sounds like this is his first online purchase. :rolleyes:

Whoops sorry, misread the post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.