Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

macbookpro.jpg

Apple has released an update to all Macs with Thunderbolt ports, adding support for the new Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter. The update weighs in at 520KB and requires OS X Lion 10.7.4. It can be downloaded from Apple's software update page.
About Thunderbolt Software Update 1.2.1

Adds support for the Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.
The update is a replacement for Thunderbolt Software Update 1.2, which was released last week but was pulled by Apple after users reported boot failures upon installing the update. Apple has posted a support article addressing the issue with instructions on how to resolve the boot problems.

Article Link: Apple Releases Thunderbolt Software Update 1.2.1

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
MBA 13 2012 says this machine doesn't support the update or something to that extent.

Exotic-Car Man

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2010
USA
Not after last time!

I just checked on my mid-2011 iMac, and I don't have any updates. Although even if I did, after getting a kernel panic on my mid-2011 iMac for installing the last update similar to this, I don't think I'll be installing this one. Plus, I don't even need it on an iMac since an Ethernet port is present. Thanks, but no thanks, Apple!

Bobbysant

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2012
The last time I update Thunderbolt make my Macbook Pro had to restore 3 times. In the next day, Apple pull out the update of Thunderbolt from their page. My Macbook Pro is middle of 2011.

slrandall

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Any idea when the TB to FW adapter is coming? That one's more important to me than the TB to GE one.

jeffgao

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2011
My system doesn't show it in Software Update. I have a MBA 2011 and I have already got TB update 1.2 installed with a Thunderbolt GB Ethernet Adaptor currently working flawlessly.

Mighuel

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
Finland
My system doesn't show it in Software Update. I have a MBA 2011 and I have already got TB update 1.2 installed with a Thunderbolt GB Ethernet Adaptor currently working flawlessly.

Same thing here with MBP. It seems we who had better luck with the original release don't need this one.

afd

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
My iMac hasn't been sleeping well the past week or so. Software update installed the first TB update but not this one. I downloaded it and now my imac's sleeping peacefully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.