Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
Wow. That's not bad. Was that only on the 11" or was it for the 13" too?

At Best Buy, I only inquired about the 11" that I was targeting to get. Maybe I got lucky, but just wondering if others got basically $200 off too instead of just the $150 GC.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
I bought the base 11" 2012 MBA at my local Best Buy. They gave me $50 off AND a $150 BB GC. I didn't think I was going to get $50 off too. Is that what others got as well?

I think they screwed up. The staff at my BB were pretty confused, and even initially tried to sell me the 2011 MBA. I am not sure everyone even knew they had the new shipments in stock, because they had just arrived an hour before. It must be tough working there on a day like that without any advance warning.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
The official sku for the $150.00 education match is #5700826.

If the best buy folks don't know what they are doing.... give them that sku.

Is this only for Best Buy USA, or for BB Canada too?

Does any one know if Besy Buy is doing the same thing to match the $50 iTunes card for new iPad purchase?

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
So, today I went to the same Best Buy I went to for when I purchased the 2012 MBA 11" 64gb model to exchange it for a 128gb version. But instead of just charging me the $100+tax difference, when it rang up it was over $300 more. They told me that I need to give them an e-mail address that ends in .edu to get the discount. Apprently, this is something new since Sunday (I bought mine on Friday). Problem is, my brother who is a HS teacher and qualifies for the discount (I was leveraging him for this) has an e-mail address that ends in .org. BB would not honor the discount. I was like, well what if he comes in with me and shows his teacher ID? They said they didn't know since they still need a .edu address.

Has anyone else encountered this issue since Sunday 6/17? So frustrating!

Raynarayan

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
here is a pic

wow that was something nice i got to see. I suppose you are too tech savvy too. Well keep on looking for the latest updates for your product. You may also look for online tutoring sites for your home work queries now. As your system supports good content, you can download good e resources from the net from sites like 1to1 tutor and many like that.

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
Just a heads up - last year I was going to buy the new 27 iMac and they were going to honor the difference in cash. Gift cards may be the norm now, but you still should be able to talk them into cash.

Raynarayan

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
here is a pic

:apple: The mac book air suffer from a drawback that it has only one USB slot and you have to get the enhance connector in order to plug in more USB. I think this has been mainly done for making the slimmest mac book.

Thanks

Robyr

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2010
:apple: The mac book air suffer from a drawback that it has only one USB slot and you have to get the enhance connector in order to plug in more USB. I think this has been mainly done for making the slimmest mac book.

Thanks

Uh, this is resoundingly false. The MacBook Air has 2 USB ports, and has since at least 2010.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.