Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

usagent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2005
Hi all. Just ordered the 15" PB...doubled the video ram...can't wait to get it. I've been reading this board for a while and I know there are all sorts of threads about newbies...but I'm really interested in the very first thing that I should expect with my new machine...right out of the box, is there anything special I need to do to to fully capture the Mac experience? And although I will do a search for this, I figured I'd ask anyway...I'm looking for a cool backpack that will protect my PB and still look cool...and nothing TOO big and outrageous...kind of subtle, but very effective. Thanks!

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
There's a funky little startup animation that you'll never see again after your first boot, so have a minute or two set aside so you won't be interrupted.

It's nothing Earth-shattering, but it's kind of cool.

ArcticFox

macrumors member
May 22, 2005
Newberg, OR
jsw said:
There's a funky little startup animation that you'll never see again after your first boot, so have a minute or two set aside so you won't be interrupted.

There is? I'll be sure to watch for it today after I uncrate my PMac. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.