Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I am a fan of the Booq bags/sleeves so I am waiting for what they come out with.

I have had two Booq backpacks and they have both been very nice backpacks. I am about to order my third backpack. The last backpack probably has been the least durable. It has a large part of the shoulder strap has almost come completely unravelled. One thing I do not like about Booq is their crappy warranty. If they are going to charge a premium for their bags then they should stand behind them better. The way they warranty them now is unacceptable.

phas3

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2008
Ordered a suede sleeve from http://www.sfbags.com, they list the shipping as 20$ minimum but charged me 3$, they even sent me a personalized email to let me know they shipped my product.

I have never ordered from them but after hearing nothing but positives from others figured i would give them a shot, so far pretty happy, will see when i get the sleeve :)

I almost ordered a FUG from crumpler, it's quite nice also for a sleeve, i had one for my MBA.

I already have a messenger bag so all i needed was something to stop the laptop from getting scratches when i move it!

Wow the SFBAGS look awesome! Don't forget to review it here once you get it.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
I want something to put around the Rmbp full time not a sleeve. Are there any cases like that yet?

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
I want something to put around the Rmbp full time not a sleeve. Are there any cases like that yet?

Speck cases are what you're looking for, unfortunately they won't have any for the rMBP for at least another month. That's according to their twitter feed.

EatMyApple

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
I have had two Booq backpacks and they have both been very nice backpacks. I am about to order my third backpack. The last backpack probably has been the least durable. It has a large part of the shoulder strap has almost come completely unravelled. One thing I do not like about Booq is their crappy warranty. If they are going to charge a premium for their bags then they should stand behind them better. The way they warranty them now is unacceptable.

I noticed Booq's warranty was a bit.....unique. But I figured it was just a front and if an issue occurred, that basic customer service would come into play.

Did you contact Booq about your strap? I would be surprised if they did take any action.

Booq has told me that are working on products for the Retina. I am hoping they release some sleeves first!

Moriarty

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
Oh and as for links:

15" MBP sleeve from Rickshaw bags - You can customize colors/fabrics. It fits the rMBP perfectly.
http://www.rickshawbags.com/laptop-ipad-sleeves/macbook-pro-sleeves.html#15-sleeve-for-macbook

15" rMBP sleeve from Colcasac - I just got this and fits around the rMBP perfectly. Very snug fit.
http://www.colcasac.com/macbook-sleeve/

In general, any case made for the regular MBP will fit the rMBP.

Nice find with the Colcsacs - look great and not overpriced - ordered! Use the voucher code "newmbp15" to get 15% off till 29 June.

thatguy215

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
I was about the make my order on the Tucano Second Skin but I'm liking how the Booq Mamba sleeves look. Anyone ever had those before?

EatMyApple

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
I was about the make my order on the Tucano Second Skin but I'm liking how the Booq Mamba sleeves look. Anyone ever had those before?

I haven't had a Mamba but I do own two other Booq sleeves and the quality is top notch! No issues or damage to my MBPs with either one.

gotters

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2012
I received the Hard Graft felt and leather trim RMPB slip case the other day, its a perfect fit and super classy, offers nice protection and is very discreet, looks like carrying a big document sleeve rather than a laptop

Quality, as you'd hope, is superb. A lovely product. Also got a SF Bags carry case on order for when I'm travelling less lightly

EatMyApple

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
The Booq Cobra Slim looks promising
http://www.booqbags.com/us/briefs/CSL-BLK

How do you think this would work cause i carry things with my laptop and i want protection with it.

I have the Booq Cobra Courier M:

http://www.booqbags.com/us/all-products/CCRM-BLK

I carry it almost every day with my MBP, soon to be RMBP, charger and 3-4 other documents or files. Since it does have the flap and velcro, I have been able to overfill it and still secure what I put inside. Works well for me!

No-Me

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
Rotterdam
I ordered this one from Joli Originals:

AvoL-uECIAEkzuP.png:medium

Can't wait to get my hands on it, love the one I have for iPad and MBA :)

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
Beyond the fact that I don't understand why people would want a leather case for such a nice looking machine, why would someone want an open ended sleeve? I guess I worry about dust/dirt/water/whatever.

Someone posted some nice looking ones from etsy but the open end worries me.

albert1028

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Beyond the fact that I don't understand why people would want a leather case for such a nice looking machine, why would someone want an open ended sleeve? I guess I worry about dust/dirt/water/whatever.

Someone posted some nice looking ones from etsy but the open end worries me.

I have always had open ended ones, specifically the sfbags sleeve case for all my macbook, macbook airs, and macbook pros. And never had an issue.

For me, it's not a problem because I don't use this as a standalone but use it in conjuction with a backpack, thrown in with my carryon, or in my messenger. There are always other things I need to carry when meeting with clients or when headed into the office anyways.

XxWestinxX

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2011
Just ordered one from rickshaw

If you google them with google offer they have a offer for $30 for $60

plus you can stack their $5 email signup coupon

Got a journal book and a case for $30 shipped

solid deal

----------

I've been researching bags designed with a more feminine style for the last week and I've found a ton of options. I ended up buying 2 hah.

Although I've been using a 15" Rickshaw Bags sleeve for the past year or so for my work laptop, it fits my rMBP perfectly. I wanted something a little more nondescript for airline travel so I bought a Colcasac sleeve. It is pretty awesome and really doesn't look like a laptop cover which is what I wanted. It wraps tightly around the rMBP so that if i even wanted to put it into another sleeve/case, I could.

Just ordered mine

How do you like it?

As in both.

How do you like rickshaw vs colca

-tWv-

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2009
Ohio
I won't go without a ColcaSac, it does not only protect my MBP from dents and scratches, it also does a great job in keeping my baby safe from cold weather and winter. On summers, it keeps heat away from the device. I guess it's because of the fleece interior material that sort of acts like a thermal insulator. I just pop my MBP in it, and I just put it in any bag and I don't have to worry about it.

Just ordered one!

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
Just ordered one!

Just ordered one too! Thanks for the $6 off coupon! I bought the black one. :)

----------

Just ordered one from rickshaw

If you google them with google offer they have a offer for $30 for $60

plus you can stack their $5 email signup coupon

Got a journal book and a case for $30 shipped

solid deal

Any chance you can link me to where you got all these deals and coupon codes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.