Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jashtiani

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2012
I have a gmail account for work, and I would like to have the core folders of Gmail (Trash, Sent Mail, Drafts, Inbox, and my own created folders) in Apple Mail and on my iPhone. Here is the problem though, under "Mailboxes" in Apple Mail, my trash bin does not have the trash for Gmail. Under Gmail tab, it has created a trash folder, a drafts folder, and sent mail folder which is supposed to be at the top under mailboxes. In iCloud, it has created a deleted messages folder under "iCloud", why is that not in Trash under Mailboxes? In addition, when I delete flagged messages in my inbox, why do they stay in the flagged area under "Reminders". How can I fix this?

Please help me!!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I have a gmail account for work, and I would like to have the core folders of Gmail (Trash, Sent Mail, Drafts, Inbox, and my own created folders) in Apple Mail and on my iPhone. Here is the problem though, under "Mailboxes" in Apple Mail, my trash bin does not have the trash for Gmail. Under Gmail tab, it has created a trash folder, a drafts folder, and sent mail folder which is supposed to be at the top under mailboxes. In iCloud, it has created a deleted messages folder under "iCloud", why is that not in Trash under Mailboxes? In addition, when I delete flagged messages in my inbox, why do they stay in the flagged area under "Reminders". How can I fix this?

Please help me!!

How-to: Proper Gmail IMAP for iPhone & Apple Mail

jashtiani

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2012
On My Mac Problem

Hey, thanks for the help, I think I have almost solved the problem. Now though, I have a Mailbox under ON MY MAC that says "Deleted Messages (Gmail)". Why does that show up?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hey, thanks for the help, I think I have almost solved the problem. Now though, I have a Mailbox under ON MY MAC that says "Deleted Messages (Gmail)". Why does that show up?
That is a folder that was created on your Mac, and not part of your Gmail account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.