Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrock2004

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2008
PA
So I did some screen recording work in iShowU HD and my screen was set to 1280x800. So I want to edit them in iMovie and I import them as a project. I told iMovie to leave the size as is. So if I go from there and just export the movie, it is so blurry than the original file. What am I doing wrong here?

XXXREME

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2012
Orange County, CA
So I did some screen recording work in iShowU HD and my screen was set to 1280x800. So I want to edit them in iMovie and I import them as a project. I told iMovie to leave the size as is. So if I go from there and just export the movie, it is so blurry than the original file. What am I doing wrong here?

I know this is an old thread but I came across the same problem and spent the last two months trying to find a solution. In short, the only solution I found is working with Compound Clips in Final Cut Pro X. iMovie 11' does not allow the use of exporting with custom resolutions.

Quicktime will allow you to trim using a custom resolution but if using 60fps or 120fps you will loose frames as Quicktime converts your files to 30fps.

GoPro CineForm Studio will allow you to trim your video using custom resolutions but you must convert your higher fps video clips to 29.97p to avoid dropping frames. The only issue is playback will be at 50%.

Quicktime & CineForm Studio will trim clips but as far as combining video clips and editing, Final Cut Pro X is the only solution I have found thus far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.