Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
Ah this is why my Ski Safari won't launch then - it appears as 'open' in the bottom bar but it never loads. Don't wanna delete and re install though as I've unlocked all challenges and multipliers. Although, sounds like I'm probably gonna lose it anyway now -_-

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Yeah, it's pretty good but not as good as Google's Play Store which never had similar issues.

Maybe because Google doesn't even bother to encrypt app downloads. Only Jelly Bean users get encrypted apps, and that only happens on the device.

Exotic-Car Man

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2010
USA
Good joke

3pzhj2.jpg

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
Deleting and re-installing the apps seems to resolve the issue.

I have actually seen the problem continue after deleting and reinstalling the app.

----------

subjective.

I am sorry this is mostly from a developer’s standpoint.

The android market is very fragmented with different devices. This makes design, memory and process management rather hard compared to iOS.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I am sorry this is mostly from a developer’s standpoint.

The android market is very fragmented with different devices. This makes design, memory and process management rather hard compared to iOS.

But you don't develop for Android. Several people I know do and say that while there are challenges (and that goes for both platforms) that they haven't had too much issue with fragmentation. Although it certainly is a popular excuse.

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
“It seems that Apple’s FairPlay DRM mechanism wasn’t applied properly to the application packages that are delivered to users while downloading the update,” Scanner Pro’s Irene Chernyavska told Wired via email. “After the installation, the application doesn’t pass DRM validation and terminates immediately.”

I was right.

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
But you don't develop for Android. Several people I know do and say that while there are challenges (and that goes for both platforms) that they haven't had too much issue with fragmentation. Although it certainly is a popular excuse.

You are right I don’t currently and don’t plan on doing so (I do plan on windows phone 8). I have looked around the environment and discussed with other developers so I do have some idea what it would be like. Word on the street is that there is a bit more work on the design side (not that my design is that good to begin with lol).

Overall I have to agree with you it is subjective which is “better”. Both have their perks and downfalls…

NAG

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2003
/usr/local/apps/nag
Nice update. If they remove all the related 1 star reviews that would also be interesting (and positive considering they were made in error).

(And I'm waiting for insane amounts of negative votes for this post like my first one...yes yes I don't like talking about this sort of thing myself but I find this particular instance amusing.)

blow45

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2011
Better, but they should do more. Contacting users and notifying them of the issue would be nice.

-7 for your post, always a good sign someone's said something right here, of course they should contact users and inform them instead of having them scratching their heads and getting frustrated, but god forbid apple tarnishes its image by actually admitting a bug to end users, these should always be kept in the dark at all costs, unless all antennagate hell break loose..;)

blow45

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2011
This is the first instance of malware in the app store in over five years.

That's not really correct, that's the first instance spotted by a third party (kaspersky), for all we know with what has come to light about apple's app checking strategy (or lack thereof) there could be quite a few more apps that have gone unnoticed and are currently stealing our data, much more effectively and have stayed under the radar. By all accounts this wasn't a particularly clever malware to stay under the radar, I would say it was a very loud one and got caught (not by apple of course). I am 100% certain as anyone with any sense should be that there are many more apps doing their malware job effectively and not getting caught.

cgk.emu

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
At least it wasn't a Sony Phishing Scam all over again. Lets try and put this in perspetive.

I think we did keep it in perspective. I think the forum posters who were so down on Apple the second this came out were looking for an excuse to hate on Apple, really.

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
Drm

Whether it is Valve, EA or Apple once again the legal users are punished and the pirates never see an issue...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.