Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mortfe

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2008
Help: Have a DivX movie with no sound. Keep getting this message:
'This file contains a track in the DTS Audio (code "8193") format. You may need to install a QuickTime™ component for this audio format in order to hear the soundtrack of this file.'
Keep getting bounced around, downloaded several audio files, but none work. Anybody know where I can find correct file? Thanks.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Do you have the official DivX codec installed? If not, then install it. Report back.

mortfe

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2008
I have the DivX player from their web site. What is the 'official DivX codec'? If not the same, where do I get it? Thanks.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
There are two official DivX QuickTime components. They are DivX Decoder.component and DivX Encoder.component. If you installed the DivX Player, then these two components should be installed in your /Library/QuickTime/ folder.

A Google search reveals that many users have reported the "8193" error. One hit links to the DivX Labs website. This implies that the 8193 codec is still in development. If properly installed regular DivX components do not solve your problem, then check the DivX Labs website for development versions of codecs that may solve the problem.

haoledoc

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2011
VLC will probably play your file without messing with other codecs and nonsense.

HairyOne25

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
Additional software required

There are two official DivX QuickTime components. They are DivX Decoder.component and DivX Encoder.component. If you installed the DivX Player, then these two components should be installed in your /Library/QuickTime/ folder.

A Google search reveals that many users have reported the "8193" error. One hit links to the DivX Labs website. This implies that the 8193 codec is still in development. If properly installed regular DivX components do not solve your problem, then check the DivX Labs website for development versions of codecs that may solve the problem.

I'm having the same problem and don't know where to look for the codecs - I've downloaded everything I could to solve the problem ... no go.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
As best as I can tell, 8193 is the Direct Show Decoder Audio Format. It is my understanding it is built into DivX7. This has been released since my last post on this topic. Have you installed DivX7?

HairyOne25

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
As best as I can tell, 8193 is the Direct Show Decoder Audio Format. It is my understanding it is built into DivX7. This has been released since my last post on this topic. Have you installed DivX7?

Yes, I've installed the DivX 7 as downloaded directly from their website ... still no sound in some DivX movies ...

I've OSX Mountain Lion ... if that should help, and have just downloaded the update as well.

Chris

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2006
I also am not able to play files which need divx, the video plays fine but the audio does't.

It gives me a message saying i need a quicktime decoder.

Did anyone find any solution to this issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.