Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yuenadan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
Taipei, Taiwan
I have Garageband 1.2 and an iPad 1 (64GB, 3G).

The app crashes semi-regularly when I use it, I assume because I just have an old iPad. But this isn't the big problem right now. The problem is that the app crashed, and now when I try to load it again, it either crashes as its starting up, or it says "Loading My Song 6" (the last song I was working on), and then hangs for a long time, then crashes.

I'm guessing that if I delete the app and then reinstall it, the app will start launching again. But then I would lose all the songs I've been working on. Is there a way to extract my songs (using iExplorer or some other method) before I reinstall the app? Or is there something else I could try, to get the app to launch? I've already tried rebooting the iPad a couple times.

The iPad is jailbroken, I have an iMac at home and a Windows 7 machine at work.

Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated - thanks.

batotman

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Ios5? Most likely low memory issues. My iPad 1 crashed on everything until I reverted back to 4.3.3.

Annphibian

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2012
Same problem

I didn't see a resolution to your problem...and I have the same issue. Did you get help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.