Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I know in IOS 6 in the notification center you have tap to tweet and tap to Facebook... I don't post Facebook status but do log on to check out other status. so is there a way to log into the Facebook app but not have the tap to Facebook appear in notifcations center and just have the tap to tweet as the only option?

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I know in IOS 6 in the notification center you have tap to tweet and tap to Facebook... I don't post Facebook status but do log on to check out other status. so is there a way to log into the Facebook app but not have the tap to Facebook appear in notifcations center and just have the tap to tweet as the only option?

The only choice is to post a status. You can't log in and check other statuses from there.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
The only choice is to post a status. You can't log in and check other statuses from there.

No I mean can I still log into the Facebook app but not the log in in general where Facebook is there? Meaning can I still log in to Facebook without the Facebook tab appearing in the notification center. As I would rather have the tweet option as the only option.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
No I mean can I still log into the Facebook app but not the log in in general where Facebook is there? Meaning can I still log in to Facebook without the Facebook tab appearing in the notification center. As I would rather have the tweet option as the only option.

Yes, you can use the Facebook app as normal without being logged into the iOS integrated Facebook account.

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010

Or you can just turn off the fb widget.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Right ok so there's an option for that in notifications center then? Ok good

The toggle is for "share banners," it is for both Facebook and twitter. If you disable it, you can't post to either. Just don't log into Facebook through iOS, only through the app and you won't have any problems.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH

ok, I understand your question now. Like others have said you can log into the FB app. I am not sure you can remove it. I think it is still there even if you don't supply your FB credentials.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
The toggle is for "share banners," it is for both Facebook and twitter. If you disable it, you can't post to either. Just don't log into Facebook through iOS, only through the app and you won't have any problems.

Well I saw a YouTube video with the word tweet in notification center and no tap to Facebook on there so that's why I asked

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Well I saw a YouTube video with the word tweet in notification center and no tap to Facebook on there so that's why I asked

Yes, this is achievable by being signed in (through the OS) to only twitter, not Facebook. You can still be logged into the Facebook app though. Similarly, if you want it to display only post to Facebook, you would log into the OS integration of Facebook, but could still use twitter by logging in to just the twitter app itself.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Yes, this is achievable by being signed in (through the OS) to only twitter, not Facebook. You can still be logged into the Facebook app though. Similarly, if you want it to display only post to Facebook, you would log into the OS integration of Facebook, but could still use twitter by logging in to just the twitter app itself.

great stuff

thanks for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.