Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories

Old Oct 17, 2008, 04:41 PM   #1
whoisrhp
macrumors member

Bodyguardz vs Zagg for ipod touch 2nd gen Film Review

Hello,

I recently Purchased films from both companies to compare and see which film is better. I like how for the bodyguardz front film it actually covers the whole surface of the ipod touch 2nd gen, but it doesn't offer protection for the center piece, I don't know if its just me but the bodyguardz film seems to collect dust more easily than zaggs? anyone else have that problem?

What I like about zaggs film is that they provide protection for the center button on front as well as the front of the ipod 2nd gen. What I don't like is that the film seems too small because it still leaves about 1cm of space uncovered on the top of my ipod 2nd gen. The zaggs film seems to also collect less dues than bodyguardz film.

Any feedback guys? does anyone know what other companies offer film that actually fully cover the front of the ipod surface + the center button?

Thanks

Last edited by whoisrhp; Oct 17, 2008 at 07:04 PM. Reason: reediting title
whoisrhp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2008, 05:42 PM   #2
California King
macrumors 6502a

I have BodyGuardz and don't really like them. I did a scratch test with one of them and it scratches and scuffs WAY too easily. The material may be the same as Zagg, but the quality is different. Although one thing I really like about BGz is that it's less "dimply" than Zagg, so it's less noticeable.

I'd stick with BestSkinsEver. I tried the same scratch test on one of those, and they're a lot stronger! They're the cheapest and the quality is very good.
California King is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2008, 01:36 AM   #3
whoisrhp
macrumors member

does anyone know if bestskinsever front cover film is LONGER than zagg? or is it basically the same copy of zaggs / invisibleshield?
Old Oct 18, 2008, 02:06 AM   #4
Dr. Cabrera
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Cabrera
Quote:
Originally Posted by California King View Post
I have BodyGuardz and don't really like them. I did a scratch test with one of them and it scratches and scuffs WAY too easily. The material may be the same as Zagg, but the quality is different. Although one thing I really like about BGz is that it's less "dimply" than Zagg, so it's less noticeable.

I'd stick with BestSkinsEver. I tried the same scratch test on one of those, and they're a lot stronger! They're the cheapest and the quality is very good.
go with the bodyguardz front and the BSE/IS rear

here is my review of all of the shields available

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=569101
Dr. Cabrera is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2008, 02:11 PM   #5
whoisrhp
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cabrera View Post
go with the bodyguardz front and the BSE/IS rear

here is my review of all of the shields available

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=569101
how come bodyguardz doesn't have the bottom circle piece for the front
Old Jul 9, 2012, 03:07 PM   #6
TheGoodRunner
macrumors newbie

Middle Button Cover

You dont want a piece of sticky plastic over your middle button, with how much it moves and rubs on the other film all it does is make the film peel up and it will look like youre using a toy from the dollar store. I would for sure go with bodyguardz because it doesnt have the orange peel effect, it feels the most like glass, and it looks a lot clearer than zagg, plus you get two for a cheaper price than zaggs one. Lets see here.. Better quality, Better price, Better quantity? In my opinion there's only one way to go here.
TheGoodRunner is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories