Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lunchb0x8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Quirindi, NSW, AU
Just wondering, has anyone figured out how to put their costco member card onto Passbook?

I imagine it will be doable at full release time, just wondering if anyone has got it working now?

I'd like to lighten my wallet a little...

passfu

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2012
London
Just wondering, has anyone figured out how to put their costco member card onto Passbook?

I imagine it will be doable at full release time, just wondering if anyone has got it working now?

I'd like to lighten my wallet a little...

Hi There, the simple answer will be NO currently... Because costco member card(the one I've got) is not 2d encoded and is not in the Passbook barcode support list.

We(PassFu.com) addressed this issue to Apple but got no official response yet. We are however still trying to find out an alternative solution to this. The current one we've got won't be a very good user experience.

SolarCanoe

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2008
What I am curious about is does costco actually support this? I mean when you go in there the person at the front wants to see your card and the person at the till holds on to your card until you finish checking out. Does anyone have any experience with this?

allrawk

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
Get in store with app?

What I am curious about is does costco actually support this? I mean when you go in there the person at the front wants to see your card and the person at the till holds on to your card until you finish checking out. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Has anyone tried this? I assume it varies by who is at the front door, but if an app works to checkout, what about for getting in the store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.