Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dladendorf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Was wondering how is it like to play a game, such as Diablo, over AirPlay via the Mac when ML comes out.

I have a 1080p LED screen TV, or I can get my monitor shipped out to me, since I'm here in Japan.

should I just get the apple TV and airplay my screen to my TV or just get my Apple monitor shipped to me?

----------

Just realize I posted this in iOS6 instead of Mountain Lion, my apologies.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
I don't think that's a viable option. It would have delay and it would be laggy. Can you plug the HDTV into the MacBook Pro directly? That way it's as if it's a second screen.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
I think it will work, especially since games under OS X run on top of it instead of getting "full access" like Windows games do.

ckmoose

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2012
If you can, run a network cable to your devices instead of wireless (if your using wireless), as this would help keep things running quicker.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
Minimal lag running D3 over Airplay to my Apple TV (2nd Gen, 720p), all extremely playable via ethernet. Not so great over WiFi, lots of lag and not really playable, tested on wireless G, wireless N would should be much better tho.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.