Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
Hey guys and gals, thought I would create a thread where you could post new features and improvements you might encounter in Beta 3. I did this for beta 2, so lets get this one going!

I will update the thread with new information if we see any new features or improvements in this build.

Improvements
  • Auto-Brightness increases gradually, instead of instantly.
  • Privacy Settings Now has Pictures Next to each Choice
  • Roadwork, Accidents, etc. now show information in Maps
  • Answer and Decline buttons are back in FaceTime when receiving a call
  • Maps is now showing MTA subway stops in New York City
  • Maps are also now showing CTA and Metra (Regional Rail) stops in Chicago
  • Safari has glyphs for bookmarks, reading list, and history instead of worded labels
  • Reading List now has a sync bar in Safari when changes are made
  • Satellite imagery is now working for some
  • Some users outside the US are reporting turn-by-turn and traffic data is now operational
  • iPad: Checking Cellular Data No Longer Forces User into Portrait Mode

New Features
  • New settings for Maps: Allows Customization of Volume, Distances, Map Labels
  • New icons in the Mail app for Junk, Trash, and Archive
  • iMessage on iPad Now Gives Option to Add Phone Number for Unified Messaging
  • Many More Cities Have 3D Models in Maps
  • 4th Gen iPod Touch Now Has VIP Inbox

Last edited:

danielceleste

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
I'm not sure whether this counts as a beta 2 or beta 3 improvement, but the download was much more prompt and it installed faster. Also, the progress bar & time remaining indicator were much more accurate.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Maps manu in Setting app which allows you to change Navigation Voice Volume, Distance, and change Map labels / label size.

Hart1583

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2011
Peoria, IL
3a8f6be2.jpg

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
I found that auto-birghtness will slowly increase as you move into an area where the brightness increases. It doesn't just instantly get brighter like before.

GoGa

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2012
I now have high quality satellite images in my area (South West, UK) and there are new labels for motorways in the UK so they don't look American. (And the labels in maps seem to have better positions than before)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.