Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dobbs2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
Alright I do own a iPad gen 3, but my wife owns a nook tablet. She has a friend at work who has ice cream sandwich on her nook color, but it no longer has the nook android os on it. I was wondering is there a way to make a micro sd card bootable so she can keep the nook stock and if she wants the whole android experience she can use the micro sd card. I have watched and read a few things about doing it from a windows computer. Can anybody help me find the steps for doing this from my iMac running lion or a nice video? Thanks for any help

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Alright I do own a iPad gen 3, but my wife owns a nook tablet. She has a friend at work who has ice cream sandwich on her nook color, but it no longer has the nook android os on it. I was wondering is there a way to make a micro sd card bootable so she can keep the nook stock and if she wants the whole android experience she can use the micro sd card. I have watched and read a few things about doing it from a windows computer. Can anybody help me find the steps for doing this from my iMac running lion or a nice video? Thanks for any help

I think you may find better answers at phandroid forums. :)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008

If only there were a way to run Windows on a Mac... Oh wait, there's bootcamp, Parallels, Fusion, and VirtualBox! ;)

Dobbs2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
I think you may find better answers at phandroid forums. :)

I have looked around the xda forums they do not have very good information regarding this process using OS X.

----------

If only there were a way to run Windows on a Mac... Oh wait, there's bootcamp, Parallels, Fusion, and VirtualBox! ;)

I don't have a copy of windows nor want a copy of it on my computer. I have the files I need. I was just needing with the terminal commands on lion.

----------

Hmm, should have made the left turn at Albuquerque

There have been plenty of people use this forum for questions on other tablets. :eek:

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
I think you took a wrong torn - the proper forums are elsewhere. See the address bar MACrumors.

this site becomes more useless every day.

----------

I have looked around the xda forums they do not have very good information regarding this process using OS X.

----------

I don't have a copy of windows nor want a copy of it on my computer. I have the files I need. I was just needing with the terminal commands on lion.

----------

There have been plenty of people use this forum for questions on other tablets. :eek:

And plenty of people who wish they would take it elsewhere.

Dobbs2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
I think you took a wrong torn - the proper forums are elsewhere. See the address bar MACrumors.

----------

Cool story bro, I guess you didn't see where I said I was trying to use the terminal in Mac OS X lion to put an android OS on an SD card.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
Thank you x 1000!
I will see if it works

My sister uses that on her Nook. It's now her main device, and works just as well as any other Android tablet. The only real problem is that since Android is meant for phones, there's still some things left over. Being able to launch a terminal into it is nice, and allows you to get some work done. Sadly, there's a huge lack of Android webcams, so she doesn't have one to use with her Nook.

Sincci

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2011
Finland

----------

If you have a problem with people posting about Android on a subforum called Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices, then don't read this subforum, nobody is forcing you to do so. And if this subforum still somehow insulting you, talk to the moderators about it.

Also, I would like to remind you that people who are posting on this forum might be also iPhone/iPad/Mac users and they have EVERY RIGHT to post here about Android if they wish to do so. You, however don't have any right to ask people to leave this forum and post somewhere else just because you don't want to read about non-Apple gadgets.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
If you have a problem with people posting about Android on a subforum called Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices, then don't read this subforum, nobody is forcing you to do so. And if this subforum still somehow insulting you, talk to the moderators about it.

That comment was made before this thread was moved to this subforum. This thread was originally in, I believe, the iPad subforum.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
^^^ It probably got mixed up in the shuffle as we were doing a lot of work Saturday morning moving threads to their new home :)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
^^^ It probably got mixed up in the shuffle as we were doing a lot of work Saturday morning moving threads to their new home :)

LOL. Well, that was a lot of work setting up a new subforum and moving all the threads. I really appreciate all the work the mods put in. I think it's a great solution that will hopefully keep interesting discussions coming and the grumbling down! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.