Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2009
Sweden
I think the problem for Scandinavia lies in that we have a very strong local music industry, that also owns shares in competitive solutions like Spotify, which makes iTunes Match less appealing. Once again, what the consumers actually want is secondary (at best)

the7th1

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2009
Munich, Germany
Still not in Scandinavia

This is interesting! I have been listening to music extensively for more than 30 years, and have developed quite a critical opinion on the record industry here, blaming them for being too passive about the modern, technological development. I honestly thought that copyright organizations and the record industry together were stalling the launch of iTunes Match. HOWEVER; curiously enough, it turns out that apparently Apple is stalling this one. For reasons unknown... In a recent correspondence I had with the danish record industry organization, they told me that they would love to see a launch of iTunes Match. I wonder what is keeping Apple from it...

jacobtf

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
This is interesting! I have been listening to music extensively for more than 30 years, and have developed quite a critical opinion on the record industry here, blaming them for being too passive about the modern, technological development. I honestly thought that copyright organizations and the record industry together were stalling the launch of iTunes Match. HOWEVER; curiously enough, it turns out that apparently Apple is stalling this one. For reasons unknown... In a recent correspondence I had with the danish record industry organization, they told me that they would love to see a launch of iTunes Match. I wonder what is keeping Apple from it...

Oh yes and you can be sure of the record industry always telling the truth. At least their own side of it. That's what history has shown us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.