Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
Wirelessly posted

Is there really a difference? They seem to have the same functionality. Anyone use one over the other for a particular reason

007bond

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
DFW, Texas
Wirelessly posted

Is there really a difference? They seem to have the same functionality. Anyone use one over the other for a particular reason

The advantage to using Wunderlist is that it supports multiple platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mac, and PC. It also has a web version.

Reminders only supports iPhone and works through the Calendar Web Apps through various services(Google Calendar or iCloud).

I prefer Wunderlist because it is much easier to setup and use on all of my devices.

Last edited:

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
Wirelessly posted

I decided on awesome note. I used to use springpad because it did notes and tasks but after the last update it's useless

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
Wirelessly posted

Well I'm back to wunderlist after realizing a web interface is a must.

I'm still torn because reminders just seems a bit cleaner.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
The best thing about Reminders, and why I always end up using it over others, is the ability to tell Siri to add a reminder for you. If Siri could add to other apps I'd probably look elsewhere, but using my voice is so quick and easy.

chillzone

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2009
I would switch exclusively to Reminders, but Wunderlist has a beautiful printout feature. I use it to print out questions when I do interviews for my podcast.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
The best thing about Reminders, and why I always end up using it over others, is the ability to tell Siri to add a reminder for you. If Siri could add to other apps I'd probably look elsewhere, but using my voice is so quick and easy.

i think that is a feature of ios6...siri in other apps. With that said, i double apple would let it set reminders in a different app since you cannot change the default app

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I like reminders, i just wish i could setup all of the options from initial create screen. You hit + to add, create your reminder then you have to leave it and come back to setup an actual reminder for a date or place (unless i am doing it wrong).

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I like reminders, i just wish i could setup all of the options from initial create screen. You hit + to add, create your reminder then you have to leave it and come back to setup an actual reminder for a date or place (unless i am doing it wrong).

I agree. I like Due because it's quick and easy when typing in your reminder. But I typically always use Siri to add it to the Reminder.app then I dont have to type anything at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.