Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:38 AM   #1
javilionaire
macrumors newbie

Why is it so freaking hard to convert .mkv to .MP4?

I'm a so freaking pissed. I've been trying to convert a 720p MKV video file to a 720p MP4 file with NO video quality loss. I've been trying to do this for ALMOST A WEEK with no luck. All these threads go on about "demux" then you "remux" then you whatever "mux" ughhh!! I have no idea what any of that means. They then go on about having to do some crazy stuff in terminal with a program called MP4Box, I have no idea what that does or how to use it, what so ever.

Instead of spending weeks on trying to convert these damn 720p video files, isn't there a program that I can just drag the file onto, set it to MP4 and get my file with no quality loss?!?!

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE, THIS IS DRIVING ME FREAKING INSANE.
javilionaire is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater