Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ANTONkoolaid

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
Set to get a new 2.3/16/256 rMBP next week and was wondering if any of you out there have used Apogee's products on them?

I currently have the original Duet with FW 400 connection and wondering if I'll need to upgrade to the Duet 2 since I would have to go FW400>FW800>Thunderbolt. Anyone with any experience on this in the early life of the rMBP?

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
Set to get a new 2.3/16/256 rMBP next week and was wondering if any of you out there have used Apogee's products on them?

I currently have the original Duet with FW 400 connection and wondering if I'll need to upgrade to the Duet 2 since I would have to go FW400>FW800>Thunderbolt. Anyone with any experience on this in the early life of the rMBP?

I'd go with the Duet 2. You can always sell the original Duet if you'd like to help grab the Duet 2. ;)

Hope that helps!

ANTONkoolaid

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
I'd go with the Duet 2. You can always sell the original Duet if you'd like to help grab the Duet 2. ;)

Hope that helps!

Just jumped on craiglist and found and bought a Duet 2 for $300. Quite the steal and I guess that solves that problem!

Let's just hope the update to ML doesn't kill functionality like Lion did..

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
Just jumped on craiglist and found and bought a Duet 2 for $300. Quite the steal and I guess that solves that problem!

Nice!! It should be fine as the Duet 2 is the current & updated Duet from Apogee Digital. I'd say your fine. If you fear a problem may occur, wait until an ML compatible driver arrives to make the OS upgrade.

vibeknight

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2010

I also bought an Apogee Duet 2 for $300 on the Portland, OR Craigslist today... It was literally new in the box, cables still packaged, pricetag on the box... crazy... borderline sketchy...

Unfortunately I'm using the Mountain Lion GM and I have yet to manage to get the Duet software to install. I'll try to keep this thread updated with my progress.

ANTONkoolaid

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
I also bought an Apogee Duet 2 for $300 on the Portland, OR Craigslist today... It was literally new in the box, cables still packaged, pricetag on the box... crazy... borderline sketchy...

Unfortunately I'm using the Mountain Lion GM and I have yet to manage to get the Duet software to install. I'll try to keep this thread updated with my progress.

What the hell... me too! From a guy named Dennis with sketchy emails and a lot of "financial problems"? Haha did you meet Old Town/Chinatown and what time today? Something seems fishy but for now I'll enjoy that deal.

Just using my Duet one for output through my monitors for music right now as I'm using a loaner 2008 MBP that can't run more than 4 tracks on Logic/Garageband. Please keep me updated on how it goes!

By the way, are you using a rMBP by chance?

vibeknight

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2010
WELP... ****.... I pretty much had that same experience, but in North Portland. I wonder where he stole them from. Early 2011 15" MBP by the way.

ANTONkoolaid

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
WELP... ****.... I pretty much had that same experience, but in North Portland. I wonder where he stole them from. Early 2011 15" MBP by the way.

Haha ya, makes me wonder if I should be registering the Serial # with Apogee...

vibeknight

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2010
Yeah I'm feeling kinda bad about it... But at the same time now that guy has all my cash... I wonder how many other people he's sold them to who haven't seen this forum haha.

ANTONkoolaid

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
Yeah I'm feeling kinda bad about it... But at the same time now that guy has all my cash... I wonder how many other people he's sold them to who haven't seen this forum haha.

Install official ML with any problems on the Duet today?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.