Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

mountainlion-150x149.png

In Apple's earnings press release issued just moments ago, Apple CEO Tim Cook officially announced that OS X Mountain Lion will indeed be launching tomorrow, July 25.
"We're thrilled with record sales of 17 million iPads in the June quarter," said Tim Cook, Apple's CEO. "We've also just updated the entire MacBook line, will release Mountain Lion tomorrow and will be launching iOS 6 this Fall. We are also really looking forward to the amazing new products we've got in the pipeline."
OS X Mountain Lion will be priced at $19.99 and will be available via the Mac App Store.

Apple followed a similar tactic last year, announcing at the start of its July earnings conference call that OS X Lion would launch the following day.

Article Link: OS X Mountain Lion Launching Tomorrow, July 25

cdolan92

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2009
Any idea on when the redemption codes will work?

Edit -- And has it been proven that you can make USB install disks for Mountain Lion as well? Would be very helpful to get a few test iMacs up and running with it tomorrow!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Sounds good. I'm getting the serial number for my 2012 MacBook Air handy so I can submit the form.

Beezzy

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2011
Yes I can't wait! Hopefully it will be available before I leave for work tomorrow or midnight!

muzzle79

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2009
I wonder if they're doing redemption codes for those who purchased after June 11th.

So far no changes, granted we're talking only minutes after announcement on phone call.

http://www.apple.com/osx/uptodate/

Also, anyone seen any update on Mountain Lion server? Pricing points the same?

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Damn. By the time I get a chance to download all you Yanks will be awake. Might have to wait a day :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.