Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:11 PM   #1
999blb
macrumors member

New iPod touch 2G, what to put on it?

Hey everyone.

I recently just got an iPod touch 2G on the 4.2.1 firmware. It has 8 GB on it at the moment. What I was wondering was: what apps do you guys recommend I put on it? It can be for information, games, anything that you guys think is essential for it!

I just want to have the best experience on it with the best apps I can use.

Thanks.
999blb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:48 PM   #2
ShaleBeach
macrumors newbie

If you use gmail or google apps than definitely Google Chrome or the Google App, I prefer it more than Safari, and think it is more seamless and easier to use.
ShaleBeach is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:42 AM   #3
likethesoup2
macrumors 6502a

Here's a thought . . . browse the app store and figure it out for yourself.

How on earth is anybody here going to be able to tell YOU what apps YOU need?
likethesoup2 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:19 PM   #4
anshuvorty
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaleBeach View Post
If you use gmail or google apps than definitely Google Chrome or the Google App, I prefer it more than Safari, and think it is more seamless and easier to use.
just a heads up but, Chrome doesn't work on ios 4.2.1, you need at least 4.3; this means that chrome doesn't support ipod touch 2g model!!!! I have had it for about 3 years now, can't wait to upgrade to the new ipod touch!!!!
anshuvorty is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:31 PM   #5
ShaleBeach
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuvorty View Post
just a heads up but, Chrome doesn't work on ios 4.2.1, you need at least 4.3; this means that chrome doesn't support ipod touch 2g model!!!! I have had it for about 3 years now, can't wait to upgrade to the new ipod touch!!!!

.....oh....oops, well I havent downloaded it yet on my 2G touch, so sorry about a possible letdown. What about the Google app? or is that what your were talking about? (i do believe that the Google app and the Google Chrome app are different things)
ShaleBeach is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:34 PM   #6
StintheBeast
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999blb View Post
Hey everyone.

I recently just got an iPod touch 2G on the 4.2.1 firmware. It has 8 GB on it at the moment. What I was wondering was: what apps do you guys recommend I put on it? It can be for information, games, anything that you guys think is essential for it!

I just want to have the best experience on it with the best apps I can use.

Thanks.
Facebook and Twitter sometimes work, mostly the apps just crash though. Best games that actually run smoothly are Bloons TD4, Solitaire, Jetpack Joyride, and Flick Home Run. I pretty much only use it for music, email, and internet. It's still decently fast if you have good wi-fi, youtube works great.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch