Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hephaestus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
Is this true or am I missing something. When I'm navigating through folders in Finder, touch gestures don't seem to be working. This worked in Snow Leopard, please someone tell me it hasn't been removed. Having to scroll to the arrow and click back feels very tedious now.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Try to go to Mission Control; on the top right area you might see a "+" to add desktops. Then you can swipe again.

Wait, I might misunderstood you. You have different screens and it's just the gesture which you miss ?

Hephaestus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
What I mean is when I have a finder window open and I'm navigating through folders.

dontcallmyname

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
yeah it disappeared in lion. I was running SL until I bought my MBA, running lion and I too find it weird not being able to swipe in finder... especially with it being integrated EVERYWHERE else

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Do you mean swiping with 3 fingers to the left or right to go to the previous or next page in Finder?

rangen

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2011
It's still there, I used it 5 minutes ago.

You just need to tweak a setting in the gestures settings in sys prefs

NazgulRR

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2010
It's still there, I used it 5 minutes ago.

You just need to tweak a setting in the gestures settings in sys prefs

Yup, I'm using it in Finder on Lion all the time. Doesn't work with default settings though.

These are my settings in Lion and it works:
gestures.png

I'm not on ML, but I doubt it that one wouldn't be able to achieve the same.

CallM3Q

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
What I mean is when I have a finder window open and I'm navigating through folders.

You can still swipe between finder windows.

Four-finger swipe to the left goes to your previous folder.
Four-finger swipe right will go back to the original folder.

Nioxic

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2011
Denmark
thats weird

2 finger swipe to left and right, go forward and backwards, like in safari, thats what you mean, right?

works in app store now.. didn't in lion. works in mountain lion now. pretty weird :)

Hephaestus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
Yup, I'm using it in Finder on Lion all the time. Doesn't work with default settings though.

These are my settings in Lion and it works:

I'm not on ML, but I doubt it that one wouldn't be able to achieve the same.

That works, thanks!

philosopherdog

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
I think you have to change the setting for swiping with two or three fingers. It only works with 3 fingers for me in ML.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.