Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
I am experiencing frequent AIM disconnects in Messages using the GM release. Is anyone else having this problem?

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
I must be the only person having this problem. I've noticed that even my Google Talk is disconnecting as well, though not as frequently as AIM.

pkidwell

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
I must be the only person having this problem. I've noticed that even my Google Talk is disconnecting as well, though not as frequently as AIM.

I was having no problems with the iMessage beta on Lion, but with Mountain Lion now officially released, I am seeing the same frequent disconnects on GTalk. AIM seems ok.

Update 9:00 EDT: Turns out that GTalk has a product outage today. Go figure. So... never mind!

Last edited:

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2012
New York
Yes this is happening quite often for me on a google chat account, the buddy list doesn't seem to be available either.

I use two step verification with Google and configured a secondary password for Messages, do you guys have that as well?

NazgulRR

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2010
I've been having these disconnects with iChat on Lion and then with Messages beta on Lion as well. I've been using FB, Gmail and AIM accounts in the app. Sometimes only one account disconnects, sometimes two and sometimes all three. And sometimes they won't even reconnect - in that case only a restart or killing of the "imagent" process in Activity Monitor solves the problem.

I guess I'll be seeing disconnects when I upgrade to ML as well :(. iChat in Snow Leopard was fine IIRC.

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2012
New York
Just saw this on a news site, I thought it was Mountain Lion, too quick to blame!

Still, a bummer of a coincidence, I wonder how many Google chat users who upgraded to this new "fandangled" Messages yesterday are thinking Messages is the culprit.

If you're having issues connecting to your Gtalk client, it's currently down.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1411496/

Google is working on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.