Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FredT2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
Never mind, rebooting the Mac Pro was the solution...sorry.

Last edited:

AKK2500

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
Mine is still not working...

It works on my MacBook Pro 13 i5, but not on my older iMac8,1 from 2008. I enabled the option in Screen Settings, but no icon shows up in the top menu bar. Any suggestions?

estatesatty

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
Spoke with apple support and...

They had no answer. I was on with 4 different techs who had no clue. In my case, no devices and show up in the "shared" section of the finder. Actually, there is no "shared" section in the finder at all. Everything worked fine in Lion. I am running a mcb 13" and a 27" iMac...anyone else have luck getting a resolution? I know my problem is not HW related bc it worked fine in Lion. Help!

brettuk

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
for me, screen sharing works much better in Mountain Lion, for example not crashing plex when logging in as another user

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
Im having the same issue. The iMac is with correct settings (I think), and wireless wake on (w)lan is enabled. Still, while I see it in the finder, it doesn't let me share screen nor ssh in terminal with ssh username@ip_of_mac to wake it up.

It works while the iMac isnt sleeping though. But I want to wake it on wireless remotely. A bug?

The user is the same user, but there is no directory server or AD in the back. Just the same user on both machines. Nothing is actively done with firewall on either machine.

Settings:
screenshot20120731at110.png

theprocess

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2012
Having issues sharing/controlling Lion screen with Mountain Lion (vice versa works perfectly fine i.e. Lion to Mountain Lion). Control seems to be working properly because pointer moves around but the image on Mountain Lion machine is messed up. Mid 2011 MBA running Mountain Lion and Early 2011 MBP running Lion.

Rebooting both machines and toggling sharing on/off doesn't clear the issue. Any help?

theprocess

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2012
Found that toggling between "screen sharing" and "remote management" clears the issue temporarily. PITA but it works. Hope this gets fixed in next update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.