Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sofakng

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
So... I have a bit of a problem. I've tried iOS 6 beta 1, then reverted back to 5.1.1, jailbroke, un-jailbroke, etc.

Now I updated to iOS 6 beta 3 using iTunes (with my phone in recovery) and now even though my iPhone 4S is completely activated iTunes will not show anything for my phone except this:

Can anybody please help me out?

I've tried re-restoring, erasing all settings and content, etc. I also reinstalled iTunes, re-imaged my entire PC... I tried everything it seems! :(

sofakng

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
OK - So I fixed my problem...

I erased all settings/content again, but then instead of connecting to iTunes to activate the phone, I just activated using wifi. Phew!

ROYALEFATALE

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
i'm having the same problem after restoring via a pwnagetool ipsw, phone activated fine and worked, but got that white screen in itunes, i'm restoring the phone to original settings right now, how do i activate via wifi?

sofakng

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
During the initial setup of the phone where it asks your country, language, etc, it gets to a step where you are forced to connect to a wifi access-point or click "Connect using iTunes" or something like that.

If you have access to wifi then connect to that and it should activate and work OK...

ROYALEFATALE

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
thanks, i ended up just restoring through itunes to the standard firmware, then re-jailbreaking with redsnow rather than pwnagetool, and it's working fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.