Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you get Windows Phone on the iPhone?

• Yes, Replace iOS

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yes, as a side OS

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • No.

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
I tried the Lumia 900 for about a week and the OS is actually really nice. I think it'd be great to have the option to switch between the two.

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010
As a dual boot option, of course that would be great. Why not want the option for a 2nd OS to play around with.

I think Windows 8 Phone will surprise a lot of people, me included. I am a big Android-Nexus fan the last few years, but the previews of Windows 8 looks pretty cool, and a step in the right direction, more customization options, a much larger app store, larger 720p screens, etc...

The Nokia 1000 phone should be pretty awesome, I will keep an open mind to three of the best phones due this Fall;

- Nexus-5.0
- iPhone5
- Windows 8

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Probably no. I'd just a Windows Phone.

Also, Windows Phone's "Glance and Go" Metro UI just works better on a larger screen.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Just Jailbreak and use the Metroon theme under Dreamboard. It basically gives you the Windows Phone UI experience. I used it for a week straight before, worked flawless with no bugs.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
As a dual boot option, of course that would be great. Why not want the option for a 2nd OS to play around with.

For me a couple of reasons. First, you would have to buy your apps twice. Angry Birds for iOS won't play on a Windos phone. Second, I HATE the UI on Windows Phone.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
From a practiality point of view, it's missing WP essential hardware buttons.

Windows phones make the best Windows phones. :p

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2010
No, it wouldn't be nice to take photos on windows phone without a two stage shutter or a dedicated camera button.

But for playing around it would be fine. I don't care about ecosystems as most apps I use are free and I don't play games, nor would I want to purchase angry birds for any OS. Windows phone has real xbox games, I don't think iphone games can compare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.