Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pixpixpix

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2005
left coast
After I installed OS 10.8 yesterday I went to http://www.bankofamerica.com today for online banking (Goole Chrome beta/Mac Pro) and got a message that there had been "too many unauthorized attempts to access my account".

The online system locked me out and I had to request an authorization code via email, then pick a new sitekey and security questions. The account looked fine once I got there.

I called Online Banking Suport and the agent said that they had no record of my account being locked or any unauthorized attempts to access the account.... and that this was the second call she had had today with the same problem from a customer on a Mac who had upgraded their operating system.

It all works for me now, but it seems like something odd happened.

Anyone else see this?

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
After I installed OS 10.8 yesterday I went to http://www.bankofamerica.com today for online banking (Goole Chrome beta/Mac Pro) and got a message that there had been "too many unauthorized attempts to access my account".

The online system locked me out and I had to request an authorization code via email, then pick a new sitekey and security questions. The account looked fine once I got there.

I called Online Banking Suport and the agent said that they had no record of my account being locked or any unauthorized attempts to access the account.... and that this was the second call she had had today with the same problem from a customer on a Mac who had upgraded their operating system.

It all works for me now, but it seems like something odd happened.

Anyone else see this?
It is much more likely that the POS browser Chrome caused both problems BoA were called about not 10.8.

pixpixpix

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2005
left coast
It is much more likely that the POS browser Chrome caused both problems BoA were called about not 10.8.

Well I've used online banking for many years and didn't do a browser upgrade, so I can't see what could have caused such a problem. It could however be a server-side problem

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Well I've used online banking for many years and didn't do a browser upgrade, so I can't see what could have caused such a problem. It could however be a server-side problem

Then all their customers would be having problems. Chrome caused kernel panics when the new MBAs came out. Perhaps it is causing problems with secure sites.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.