Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Japanese website iLab has posted a set of high-resolution photos (via CydiaBlog) of what is alleged to be the next-generation iPhone.

CydiaBlog gives this assessment of the images:
The leaked parts shows the bigger screen, different internals (such as a new flex cable holding the Home button in place), and the camera modules (front and rear). The camera module cutout looks to be larger, there is an enhanced version of speaker and microphone configuration at the bottom, new smaller dock connector (instead of 30-pin Dock Connector, 16-pin connector could be introduced). Another notable design change in the new iPhone front panel shows the FaceTime camera has been moved to a centered position above the earpiece speaker (it is currently to left of the earpiece in iPhone 4S and iPhone 4).

The photographs mirror reports from this past May that the next iPhone would sport a taller 4" screen, but would remain the same width. The next iPhone is expected to be released this fall along with iOS 6.

Article Link: Photos of Complete Next-Generation iPhone Enclosure Leaked

OS X Dude

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
UK
Hmm... might look better in white. To me, the bottom of the phone looks too busy, what with the individual speaker holes and the two ports.

Can't get this one anyway, my upgrade is for the one after.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
I really sincerely hope this isn't it. And I don't mean it in the same way that was said when the iPhone 4 design first leaked. That was beautiful.

This? Who the heck wants a taller phone? I want a bigger screen, but I don't want JUST a taller screen.

Such an odd design, why does it need the giant bezels still? Why even bother making glass sections on the back that small? Terrible.

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
I'm loving it! Love the slight taper on the back of the band. And the back panel is even with the band. It'll feel much better in the hand.

vodouman

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2008
London
I guess I must be the only one to think the speaker grills on the bottom are ugly?

I wish the screen went all the way to the edge too. :)

tigert07

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
: mind blown :

Do you hear yourself? This is the problem with allowing Apple to get away with anything they want. If these designs are accurate, then they have not innovated, yet we'll stretch the term "innovation" so that we can keep calling them the most innovate tech company in the world.

Do you see why this is a problem?

You know, it's okay to criticize Apple.

THis statement goes to everyone. All I'm saying is apple will do want they want and call it revolutionary. I'm personally sticking with what apple brings up because I love iOS and didn't like android. If whatever apple releases is not your cup of tea, there are other options for you

Variant

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
Does anyone remember when the iPhone 4 was leaked and many many many people on here said how hideous it was, only to call it one of the best industrial designs of the 21st century months later when it was released?

mbarriault

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2008
I see people all over the internet bitching and moaning over it. Apple has never been one to introduce drastic hardware redesigns every few years just for the sake of it, they consistently iterate and improve existing designs. If someone quickly comes up with a redesign sooner, like with the 4, they'll use it, but they're not going to get caught in the pissing contest that is Android hardware.

jlrathke

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2011
I saw this over at BGR. I can upgrade from my 4 in August and I heard the new iPhone is coming out late September.

Jerry

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Why isn't the front panel sitting flush? It sticks up, making it thicker. Looks weird because it isn't flush too.

Such a variety of colours, I'd rather the band was solid black.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
well iphone case manufacturers have been coming up with all sorts of mock ups for awhile now. whos to say this isnt just another really nice mockup of what they think is coming.

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
Next time someone posts "pictures", they should show the phone on a piece of cloth or next to a newspaper or at least some real object next to it.

These look like all the other rendered mockups out there ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.