Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appletvgk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Since upgrading to ML, I am losing connectivity upon sleep mode:
-LogMeIn iOS app can no longer wake my Mac
-Crashplan backups disconnect until I wake my Mac
-Teamviewer disconnects and doesn't work until I wake my Mac.

No problems in Lion. I have "Wake for network access" enabled.
Anyone else having this issue? Any workarounds?
Thanks

DANIELTH

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2012
No Network during Sleep in Mountain Lion

I am having the same issue. All networking stops upon sleep. This is on a late 2009 iMac with Ethernet connection. Energy Saver is also set to "Wake for network access". Looking for answers and trying everything I can think of. Never had this problem in Lion.

MurphyM

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
Same problem, mid-2011 iMac with Mountain Lion. Started as soon as I upgraded.

EyeTV and VNC no longer wake up the Mac.

Appletvgk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Can anyone confirm that they DO NOT have this issue? I am debating wiping and performing a clean install. I rely heavily on this feature. (photo stream backups, cloud backups, as well as backups to a NAS, remote access, etc etc).

nydennis

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
I am having the same issue. All networking stops upon sleep. This is on a late 2009 iMac with Ethernet connection. Energy Saver is also set to "Wake for network access". Looking for answers and trying everything I can think of. Never had this problem in Lion.

Same issues with the network. My Network drives do not remain connected when waking up from sleep. :-(

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2011
I am having the EXACT same issue as you. LogMeIn worked perfectly on Lion, now it doesn't work on Mountain Lion. I have the same iMac as you do.

I filled out one of these.

Appletvgk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
I disabled sleep to remedy the problem. But not a desirable solution at all. I want my mac to sleep...

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2011
I disabled sleep to remedy the problem. But not a desirable solution at all. I want my mac to sleep...
Yes, I'm sure that will work, but I feel the same way. My Mac should be able to sleep and work like it did in Lion. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Appletvgk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Seems to be working as intended if everyone experiences this "issue".

Are you sure? You have me thinking that maybe my Mini wasn't "sleeping" in Lion, and when I upgraded to ML, it is now sleeping properly and I am viewing this as an issue, when maybe I had an issue of not sleeping properly under Lion.

jatsad

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2012
Are Apple going to deny this problem is occurring. I have heard nothing from them.

C'mon Apple, wake up and fix this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.