Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

os_x_mountain_lion_macs.jpg

Apple has announced that OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) downloads have exceeded three million in four days, "making it the most successful OS X release in Apple's history".
"Just a year after the incredibly successful introduction of Lion, customers have downloaded Mountain Lion over three million times in just four days, making it our most successful release ever," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.
Mountain Lion was released to the Mac App Store on July 25th for $19.99. In comparison, Apple announced one million downloads of OS X Lion (10.7) in the first day of its launch.

Article Link: OS X Mountain Lion Downloaded 3 Million Times in Four Days

genosseinski

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Love it so far!

especially dictation, Notification Center, Launchpad search and all these other little things I've encountered so far. And it's soooo zippy :)

Z400Racer37

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2011
this thing dusts microsoft in launches as a percentage of its user base. so awesome. most of my tech friends are still using XP lmao.

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
It's either a great triumph for Mountain Lion… Or an admission that nobody was particularly attached to Lion.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Running it on both my MBP and my iMac. I had a small wake-from-sleep issue on the iMac which was resolved by resetting the SMC. Apart from that no issues at all. Everything works at least as well as it did under Lion :)

bigcat318

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
My late 2008 MBP doesn't get some of the marquee features but I will admit it seems to run much faster/smoother now, especially safari. I didn't even do a clean install.

Aidyn's X

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
bye bye Lion :)

I still have nothing to complain about with Lion (except maybe the handling of full screen with two monitors). I can't upgrade my iMac to ML but I am not all that disappointed about that. Lion runs great. Mountain Lion just makes Lion that much better.

Also, people complain about how Mountain Lion is not revolutionary and Apple are out of ideas but then in the same breath say how it is SOO much better than being stuck with Lion. I'm confused.

I know this is probably not what you meant by your post, I am still venting from reading some posts in another forum.

Sensation

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
this thing dusts microsoft in launches as a percentage of its user base. so awesome. most of my tech friends are still using XP lmao.

But in numbers Windows 8 will wipe the floor with this, and at the end of the day numbers = money ahh yea.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
Installed it on a 2010 MBP and 2007 iMac. No go for our late '06 MB :(

So far, so good. Great update, considering the cost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.