Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I'm getting minor ghosting on my LG screen too. Are you considering replacing the unit?

I put in a ticket to return it last night, and the email asked that I return it within two weeks, so I'm going to think about it a little whilte and keep checking for ghosting to see if it gets worse. Even if the problem doesn't get worse, I may return it anyway because a lot of people are saying that they don't have the issue at all. In fact, I just convinced myself to return it while typing that last line. :) I don't want to be in the position of having Apple physically replace the screen when I can just return it and get a new one.

insimbi

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2008
Samsung - looks great! My first rMBP had white spots, not sure what screen that was, but this one is great!

deerfaced

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
I *think* my first was an LG and had horrible ghosting.

Replacement is also an LG and is perfect (so far!)

stevedusa

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
LG with minor ghosting, didn't appear after almost a month into use.

Oh well no biggie, not going to replace it, doesn't bother me that much.

minnus

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2011
Why not make a poll?

Samsung: Perfect
Samsung: Acceptable
Samsung: Unacceptable
LG: repeat

NathanA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
LG, no image retention ("ghosting"), but had uneven brightness and white point across the display (darker yellow patch in the lower-left quadrant of the display). It's in the process of getting replaced.

-- Nathan

Bmf79

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
Which version with which screen?

I'm curious to know which screen is common on the 2.6/512 version.

Robin Chung

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Netherlands
Thank you so much for sharing how to check the panel specs for each model. Turns out I have the LG panel and color uniformity is way off. The upper portion of the display is reddish.

Fortunately already in the process of replacement for a different issue: crooked key.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.