Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Firemonkeys, the new combined studio from EA combining the IronMonkey and Firemint gaming studios, has announced the development of Real Racing 3 for iPhone and iPad. Real Racing and Real Racing 2 have been widely viewed as some of the most cutting edge iOS games available.

NewImage2.png

Real Racing 2 was one of the first games to support 1080p output on the iPad 2 and the first game to take advantage of the speed of the iPhone 4S.

Real Racing 3 will be the first game in the franchise to have real racecourses and will allow 22 cars to race simultaneously. No system requirements have been released yet.

The game is expected to be released later this year.

Article Link: Firemonkeys Previews Real Racing 3 for iPhone and iPad

MustangJoe

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2011
Looks fantastic! I really enjoyed playing the first and second game. Can't wait to hear the track and car list. You have to think this is probably going to launch next to the next iPhone.

striker33

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2010
Meh. Any 3D game sucks on touchscreen devices.

Give me a controller and zero AirPlay latency though......

ChristIsLORD

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2011
FireMonkeys is a very unprofessional sounding name. Bleh.

Combine that with the awful dubstep music in the trailer (I guess that crap has to be everywhere now). Gross.

Game however looks pretty! Yay!

VPrime

macrumors 68000
Dec 19, 2008
London Ontario
FireMonkeys is a very unprofessional sounding name. Bleh.

Combine that with the awful dubstep music in the trailer (I guess that crap has to be everywhere now). Gross.

Game however looks pretty! Yay!

Game studios often have non professional sounding names. That is just the nature of the business....
Rockstar Games
Spicy Horse
Sky Monkey Studios
Supervillian studios
Double Fine
Naughty Dog

Just to name a few. :D

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Finally seems like the sounds of the cars have been improved, that really put me off the first 2.

supremedesigner

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2005
What about all Rush games? Those are the best. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_(video_game_series)#section_2

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Looks good. Hard to believe how far mobile graphics have come in a short amount of time.

I bet this will be launching around iPhone5 time. Same for infinity blade dungeons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.