Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woodcrest64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
I noticed with Mountain Lion only the percentage value is indicated on the menu bar for the battery. In Lion you could have either the percentage or the time remaining for the battery displayed on the menu bar.

I'm just wondering if there is any way to get the time remaining value back on the menu bar instead of the percentage. I know you can click on the battery icon for it and have it pop up via the drop down menu but I'd prefer it the other way...

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I noticed with Mountain Lion only the percentage value is indicated on the menu bar for the battery. In Lion you could have either the percentage or the time remaining for the battery displayed on the menu bar.

I'm just wondering if there is any way to get the time remaining value back on the menu bar instead of the percentage. I know you can click on the battery icon for it and have it pop up via the drop down menu but I'd prefer it the other way...
This is already being discussed in several threads:
From the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link:
On the MBPR and on ML, the Menu Bar battery indicator no longer offers "Time Remaining" as an option on the Menu Bar. It still appears in the dropdown menu.
From the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link:
  • Your "time remaining" indication is an ever-changing estimate, based on the current workload of your system. It will fluctuate up and down from minute to minute as your power demands change. It is not perfectly accurate, but only an estimate.
This should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

You can use this app to get it back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.