Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricksen24

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
Hi people,

Just upgraded to Mountain Lion today and was wondering what the best MSN equivalent is these days? The one i have is a bit of a pain to be honest with many of the features not working.

Any ideas?

Help appreciated.

;)

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I've used Adium for years and love it. It's an all in one IM client and it works pretty well. Another one you can try is Trillian, I used to use that when I used Windows a long time ago. M$'s stock WLM app isn't that great.

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
i'v used trillian, adium, microsoft messenger, windows live messenger, and for me, the best one is Adium.

it lacks a couple of features, but waht makes it win for me, is how well integrated it is into mac os.

i can have my contact list clear, and only showing the necessary content, and it slides in and out of the screen edge, just like notification center.

its the best imo .

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Trilian for me because I still have Windows desktop with Trillian Astra.

This, and it also has a client for my Android devices. One thing I noticed though is that the "continuous chat" feature isn't working as well with Mac/Android as it did with Windows/Android.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.