Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BaurPowr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
I've looked and looked all over for a guide that works and all I keep finding is the same ol' "Plug in USB connector, enter 0000 s passcode...." etc. However i can't even get to that step apparently.

Whenever I plug my USB cord into my computer and then into my ps3 controller, the controller comes up as something odd like: ee-7f-00-00-00-00 and then when i hover over it and try to connect to it nothing happens.

I've looked and looked all over for a fix to this and I can't find something? Is it the drivers? I can't figure out for the life of me what's wrong. :confused:

Currently running Mountain Lion 10.8 if that helps...

k12g3

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
I have used mine with FIFA 12 on Mountain Lion. I used a program called "GamePad Companion" to connect it. Try that!

Good luck!

BaurPowr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
I'm looking for a way to play with my ps3 controller through bluetooth, not through he USB connection. I have a wired logitech controller if i wanted to do that. :/

-pete-

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2011
Same problem, it was working fine in Lion and now it seems to be broken, anyone know of a fix?

Starfox

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2011
Keep it connected for a while before disconnecting, that sometimes happens when the battery is low.

gurnted

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
Simple way to get it to connect., and avoid pin request...add it's address to com.apple.Bluetooth.plist in HIDDevices array.

As for getting it to STAY connected....F.i.I.K

Our best bet is probably to try begging the people working on PSMove API for a little help.

ajluchesa

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2012
Im having a similar problem! Please note that I currently have OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and I am trying to pair my Dualshock 3 controller.

I open bluetooth (from system preferences) turn on bluetooth (from the top menu bar) and hit the PS button on my controller. This causes the controller to connect. A popup appears asking me for a passcode in order to pair so I type in 0000 (the default passcode for bluetooth devices) and hit enter. After a few seconds the popup disappears but the controller is no longer connected! A half a second after that the controller reconnects and the same popup appears asking to pair again :confused:

Any ideas/ help?

ABuNeNe

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Im having a similar problem! Please note that I currently have OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and I am trying to pair my Dualshock 3 controller.

I open bluetooth (from system preferences) turn on bluetooth (from the top menu bar) and hit the PS button on my controller. This causes the controller to connect. A popup appears asking me for a passcode in order to pair so I type in 0000 (the default passcode for bluetooth devices) and hit enter. After a few seconds the popup disappears but the controller is no longer connected! A half a second after that the controller reconnects and the same popup appears asking to pair again :confused:

Any ideas/ help?

I'm having the same problem here. It's keeping disappearing after I did the "Add to Favorite" and/or "Update services". I tried different passcodes, "0000", "oooo", "xxxx", ..., and they all give me the same behaviour.

Any help?

kirdes

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2011
You need to restart macos after you added the controller to the favourites and during the controller is still connected.

This helps for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.