Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chrisg2014

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
USA
good thing too, my contract ends tomorrow... but I might go andriod if this iPhone doesn't "wow" me casue I have an iPad and 2 Macs and the only that would tie me down to apple for moblie use was my iTunes account for my music but now I use spotify. ALthough I have all those movies but I guess I'll just watch them on my compter or iPad, I never watch them on my iPad.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Lack of a close Apple Store, account complications (I know some people have experienced problems at Apple Stores not being the primary account holder, and if you have a corporate plan.) Anyway, I doubt AT&T will be pushing people to buy accessories on launch day. They will be focused on getting people in and out as fast as possible.

Perhaps a better question would be why go to a store at all?

no need to go to an ATT store at all, better off getiting online and ordering it yourself through apple.

I am jumping to Verizon with this next upgrade, and would never go to a Verizon store to order.

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
how is this news?? we already knew this. Can get some info on the imac please. Those we know nothing about

Diaz72

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
Yay! hopefully it will be made available directly after the keynote.

It won't. They will give people time to pre order and then at the earliest put it out maybe a week or two later. The retail stores have to plan the logistics to make sure they have enough people on staff, and since they don't ever even give hints to the employees as to when new equipment is being released, they would be giving quite a large hint by scheduling everyone on the same day. Don't worry it will come soon enough and then after a week everyone will be foaming at the mouth for the next gen iPhone.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
"AT&T has reportedly even gone as far as to reschedule a training event originally planned for the first week of October"

I guess it's nice of Apple to let them know about a month before they tell the rest of the world.

if apple doesn't let at&t know how are they going to sell it?

lots of things to work out first

are mystery boxes going to arrive at at&t stores the day of launch with no word whats in them?

Sora

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
New York, NY
I'll be getting the "no commitment" version from Apple. Hate dealing with AT&T. I avoid them like the plague.

jamojamo

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
"AT&T has reportedly even gone as far as to reschedule a training event originally planned for the first week of October"

I guess it's nice of Apple to let them know about a month before they tell the rest of the world.

It makes sense to notify your major distribution channels and partners of upcoming events so they have time to prepare and make the appropriate adjustments so they can support the rollout.

Individual iPhone purchasers don't need that much notice.... :)

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
I'll be getting the "no commitment" version from Apple. Hate dealing with AT&T. I avoid them like the plague.
Me too, but unfortunately, if past history is any indication, they won't release an unlocked phone until November. Probably at the insistence of the phone carriers.

----------

The 21st is my Birthday and my wife said I could get a new phone. :D
whip_1.jpg

;)

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
Me too, but unfortunately, if past history is any indication, they won't release an unlocked phone until November. Probably at the insistence of the phone carriers.

----------

;)

AT&T will unlock an iPhone purchased at 'no commitment' price, right?

Prother

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2011
...to help handle the surge of customers that inevitably accompanies new iPhone launches.AT&T has reportedly even gone as far as to reschedule a training event originally planned for the first week of October so that it's employees can remain available to help with the iPhone launch.

Given how many people will likely drop At&T due to its crappiness I don't think the "surge" of customers will be a problem for their customer service.

Or will it?

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Why go through all that trouble? I will ship it to you, you can just but it from me on ebay :p

No, sell it to me... It will be for my nephew who is currently studying in Nigeria, I will pay you for shipping plus another 100 bucks for your trouble via western union.:D

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Given how many people will likely drop At&T due to its crappiness I don't think the "surge" of customers will be a problem for their customer service.

Or will it?

I can definitely see a nice amount of customers leaving AT&T for other options because their service leaves alot to be desired IMO.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
September is going to be a great month. I get back from vacation on the 4th, football season starts on the 5th, iPhone announcement on the 12th... release shortly thereafter :cool:For the first time ever I skipped an iPhone (the 4S) so I'm especially excited about this release.... Even though my iPhone 4 still works perfectly and I love the design.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
damn, ATT better not let apple fans down with last year "ACTIVATION PROBLEM." iPhone 4s? yes?
grrr...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.