Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Just a month before Apple is expected to introduce a redesigned iPhone, the company has launched a new (PRODUCT) RED bumper for the iPhone 4S and iPhone 4. Priced at $29 in the United States, the new red bumper joins the other six colors that have been available since the launch of the iPhone 4 in June 2010: black, white, blue, pink, orange, and green. The new red bumper's imminent launch was reported by 9to5Mac.

product_red_iphone_bumper-e1344951167763.jpg

The new bumper is currently shipping in 4-6 business days from Apple's online store.

Apple has participated in the (PRODUCT) RED campaign against AIDS for a number of years, first introducing a red iPod nano in late 2006. The company has continued to offer several different (PRODUCT) RED items since that time, currently supporting the project with red iPod nano models, red iPad Smart Covers and Smart Cases, and now the red iPhone bumper. At an Apple town hall meeting for employees back in February, Tim Cook noted that sales of (PRODUCT) RED Apple products have generated over $50 million for the charity.

Article Link: Apple Releases (PRODUCT) RED Bumper for iPhone 4S/4

brucku

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2003
4s

Looks like the 4S will stick around for the next generation as the entry level iPhone. This isn't a shocker but there is no way Apple would release an accessory for a device they are discontinuing in a month.

pensoftware

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2008
I'm fine with these products, but I hate it when someone corners me on a bus and asks why I didn't buy it to support charity. Well, why didn't you just donate instead of having to purchase something to feel good?

TheMacPotato

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2006
London
I'm fine with these products, but I hate it when someone corners me on a bus and asks why I didn't buy it to support charity. Well, why didn't you just donate instead of having to purchase something to feel good?

Also worth noting (PRODUCT) RED is not a charity. They are a company that makes a profit, and give some of the money to AIDS research

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
So much for doubling down on secrecy.

Steve would never have approved this.

Apple really need to update their bumpers. This looks just like the black one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.