Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NewImage23.png

Apple has released a new beta build of OS X Lion 10.7.5 to developers. The new beta has a build number of 11G36.

Apple reports that it has no issues, but asks developers to examine graphics performance and quality, as well as image and media importing, editing or viewing. A previous build of 10.7.5 was released on July 30.

Article Link: Apple Releases OS X Lion 10.7.5 Build 11G36 to Developers

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
They're really taking their time with this. Well i suppose it will be the last build of Lion so why not. Probably also distracted with 10.8.1 and iOS 6.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
They're really taking their time with this. Well i suppose it will be the last build of Lion so why not. Probably also distracted with 10.8.1 and iOS 6.

I thought there were different teams for iOS and OS X... 10.8.1 might be a distraction, but I don't see why iOS would be

ccmovies

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2010
Boston
*reads* "Apple Releases OS X Lion 10.7.5..." *excited* "... Build 11G36 to Developers" Darn :sadface:

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en
I thought there were different teams for iOS and OS X... 10.8.1 might be a distraction, but I don't see why iOS would be
Apple used Mac OS X engineers in the iOS project. iOS is just a smaller version of the current OS X for ARM-based processors.

Btw:
OS X 10.7.5 and 10.8.1 should appear within the next 2-3 weeks.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006

Ever since Leopard was delayed there have been rumours that the OS X team sometimes help the iOS group.

Casiotone

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah! One last update for my Core Duo 2 64-bit Mac Mini which can't run Mountain Lion!

goodcow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2007

No, Apple is understaffed, apparently by choice, and they shift engineers around constantly. With $100B in reserves, you'd think they could hire more engineers and actually test things better, but I guess they fear getting bloated.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I hope this will fix the issue with Wacom tablets and delayed input after pressing express keys mapped to a modifier key. According to Wacom part of the issue is with Mac OS code not just Wacom drivers.

That bug makes ZBrush unusable and Photoshop and Corel Painter a pain in the ass on Lion and Mountain Lion :(

takezo808

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2011
updates are usualy nessary to fix issues or add features that only pertain to developers. with 10.8 being so well adopted, apple can take their time with 10.7 updates.

10.8 on the surface looks like it's a minor update to Lion, but it really has added a lot of API's that app developers can play with.

Perhaps some of these APIs will filter down to 10.7 updates.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
Yeah! One last update for my Core Duo 2 64-bit Mac Mini which can't run Mountain Lion!

You can have plenty of updates if you put Windows or a Linux distribution on that nice little machine of yours. You don't have to support Apple's business model of planned obsolescence.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
You can have plenty of updates if you put Windows or a Linux distribution on that nice little machine of yours. You don't have to support Apple's business model of planned obsolescence.

Or instead realize its not "planned obsolescence" but instead the fact that they have a really refined OS.

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
It isn't just rumors. I recall Steve Jobs mentioning that they do shift people back and forth between the two teams as needed. I'd imagine they've shifted quite a few of those people to OS X as of late.

Unlikely developers would shift frequently, as their expertise is tied to the specific technology. More likely build/ release engineering and other supporting functions, which could be more generic.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003

Or try this out:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1325709/

Or instead realize its not "planned obsolescence" but instead the fact that they have a really refined OS.

Nope. It's not even real obsolescence, the OS runs fine on many of the old machines, they're basically just doing a check at boot to lock out certain machines, and people have worked around that. Way to drink the kool-aid.

ConCat

macrumors 6502a
Unlikely developers would shift frequently, as their expertise is tied to the specific technology. More likely build/ release engineering and other supporting functions, which could be more generic.

Nah. The vast majority of the tech used is shared between the OSes, especially since mountain lion. It would be fairly easy to move talent between teams depending on which OS you want to have them focus on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.