Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tthere5

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2006
Phila, PA
I wonder if it'll be called an iPad Mini or a new name.

iPad5???

I didn't see anyone arguing about the iPhone name in this post, it was just so surreal. I almost thought this wasn't MR.

In all seriousness maybe iPad nano, it would at least stay in synch with the current iPod lineup. Maybe iTab, or iPad 3S for "small"- just some ideas. Or maybe they'll bring back the name iBook with it being in direct competition with the Kindle, although they currently have a software called iBook so I kinda doubt it.

Its fun to speculate with nothing on the line. I can't understand why anyone would get hot and bothered about a name and whether it was consistent with the an otherwise inconsistent naming scheme. On Sept 12th we'll have a few new products to love with names that we can't do anything about.

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
"And here is the new iPhone!! We're so excited by this product".

"We know Tim, we've already seen it"

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
How many times is someone going to quote the "doubling down on secrecy" comment everytime a new story is posted? like really?

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Any fellow new iPad owners also going to get the iPad mini?

I'm wondering if this will be so cheap I can leave the mini at the crapper.

I have some magazine subscriptions that would be cool to read while pooping.

Macclone

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Am I the only one who is sick of seeing this small parts of various devices... JESUS! Whether it has 1 or 10 pins, I don't give a **** unless I am the engineer who has to interface these components into the product I will actually use.

:mad::mad::mad:

Ahhhh... much better now. :)

Jesus doesn't care.

----------

How many times is someone going to quote the "doubling down on secrecy" comment everytime a new story is posted? like really?

Many more times.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Do you think it's possible he made that statement because he knew all of these parts were leaked? So the next generation will be more locked down?

Interesting theory, but I don't believe so -- most of the part leaks have only come out recently, so I'm not convinced Tim Cook would have been aware of the sheer volume of these leaks. I believe that whatever they're building for September, they've got massive quantities in production, and it's simply inevitable that one or two will slip past their radar.

I suppose that warrants the question whether or not the leaks are controlled, but I don't believe Apple currently have the resources or patience to throw such a curved ball. After all, it only takes one worker out of thousands, to take one part (out of a production line of thousands), for a leak like this.

Needless to say, whatever Apple bring out in September, I'll most likely squeal like a little fangirl and wet myself (that's what fangirls do, right?)

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Update: MacRumors has received more info from iResQ about the new dock connector port. The site tells us that "there is just one set of eight contacts inside of the port" with "none on the top side".

Article Link: New Photos of Claimed Dock Connector and Headphone Jack for iPad Mini and Next iPhone in Black and White [Update]

then looks like the cable will be 2 sided and it just wont matter which way you put it in because the pins will line up

----------

don't give me that "meme" crap. its one thing to post it to where its funny but just repeating it every time a new story is posted is ridiculous. I also bet the majority of people that post it aren't trying to be funny whatsoever they think they are legitimately disputing something tim cook said everytime they post.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
We get two freaking iPads, but not an iPhone with a decent sized screen. :mad:

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
It cant be as obvious as this can it...? it seems like this is too easy to believe and its been a hassle free thing to report on. In the past desist orders would be given out to try and patch up any damage. Nothings been done this time...

Ruger141

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2012
Mostly just curious but how are these companies leaking all these pics able to do so? Aren't they breaching some contract of secrecy that I'm sure they had to sign? I saw in some posts that two separate "Leakers" could most likely be trusted with providing real parts because they had correctly leaked 4s parts in the past. So apparently Apple continued to do business with them I guess.:confused: Maybe its part of building up hype for a release and is intentional, who knows.

tonytiger13

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
Why would it matter if there are pins on top too? It doesn't matter.

You're right. Who says the male part (the part the plugs into the female part folks) won't have wrap around contacts. Either way you put it in, it'll still touch the pins that are on...*gasp*...one side. Just a guess though. It only makes sense since the shape is a perfect rectangle.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
It cant be as obvious as this can it...? it seems like this is too easy to believe and its been a hassle free thing to report on. In the past desist orders would be given out to try and patch up any damage. Nothings been done this time...

desist orders were rarely given.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.