Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

popilas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Hello to all

I am using an Ipod nano 6g for a year now when I run (usually 10K runs) and I am very happy with it. I love the size of it and I hate the fact that the little thing doesn’t have a Bluetooth!!
Nano is always hidden in my pocket so I have headphones with a control in order to change tracks, pause, adjust the volume etc. The problem is that I have ruined my previous two pairs with the sweat from running. Can someone advice what earbunds- headphones should I buy? My requirements are:

Remote control for ipod
Durability
Comfort

Please share any comments or thoughts

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Check out the Sennheiser line. I haven't killed my pmx 680i's yet, but Sennheiser claims sweat proof so if they die I'll expect warranty replacement.

Careful with the nano though, the 6th gen are inordinately susceptible to sweat damage. Keep it in a plastic bag unless you're using a waterproof case.

floling

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2011
as a musician i'm not a very big fan of sennheisers..
too tiny cables, they're just built to fragile ..
soundwise i'm not on the tiny sennheiser in ear buds..
i think the bass is too much "oversized"
being on stage (as a bass-player) using in ear monitoring i'm really a big fan of Shure headphones
using old slc2 in ears they're doing exactly what i want.
as well on stage, and pretty much when i want to listen to hifi-audio on a train or elsewhere.

there are some 100€/$ shure buds that'll do the job!

cheers from germany

floling

popilas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Check out the Sennheiser line. I haven't killed my pmx 680i's yet, but Sennheiser claims sweat proof so if they die I'll expect warranty replacement.

Careful with the nano though, the 6th gen are inordinately susceptible to sweat damage. Keep it in a plastic bag unless you're using a waterproof case.

Thanks.

I am going to buy from a local store here in Greece the Sennheiser/Adidas MX 680i Sports Earbuds in order to be have local warranty if needed. My nano is in a plastic cover inside my pocket in my running nike shorts so no sweat for the nano!!

----------

as a musician i'm not a very big fan of sennheisers..
too tiny cables, they're just built to fragile ..
soundwise i'm not on the tiny sennheiser in ear buds..
i think the bass is too much "oversized"
being on stage (as a bass-player) using in ear monitoring i'm really a big fan of Shure headphones
using old slc2 in ears they're doing exactly what i want.
as well on stage, and pretty much when i want to listen to hifi-audio on a train or elsewhere.

there are some 100€/$ shure buds that'll do the job!

cheers from germany

floling

Thanks for your info

I am going for the Sennheiser/Adidas MX 680i Sports Earbuds. Let's hope the item is sweat proof!!!

Engali

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2012
Two Bluetooth solutions are the currently available Kokia Bluetooth transmitter (look it up in amazon) or the Kickstarter watch band called Syre. I opted for the latter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.