Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

1370900445.jpg
Japanese blog Macotakara claims to have additional details about Apple's upcoming 7.85" iPad and the next generation iPod nano.

First, the site reports that the new smaller iPad device will indeed be called "iPad mini":
According to Asian source, the name of Apple's new product, which are expected to have 7"85' and called as iPad mini, will be named as "iPad mini" officially. This source expects that "iPad" logo will be printed on back of case same as "iPod" is printed on iPod nano and iPod touch, and it means one new product will be added on iPad's product brand genre.
Next, the Japanese blog also believes the next iPod nano may come with Wi-Fi capabilities in order to enable iTunes in the Cloud support:
Next iPod nano may equip Wi-Fi antenna on side of that case, and support iTunes Music Cloud in order Apple to provide a iconic product to promote the largest Music Store in the world.
Wi-Fi access would allow iPod nano users to redownload any past music, movies or TV shows onto their device when connected to a hotspot.

Macotakara again notes the mysterious holes found on the back casing of iPod Touch and offers a guess at NFC capabilities, but has no clear answer. Overall, Macotakara has had a mixed track record with their rumor reports.

Article Link: 7.85" iPad to be Called 'iPad Mini' and Wi-Fi (Cloud iTunes) Coming to iPod Nano?

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Japanese blog Macotakara claims to have additional details about Apple's upcoming 7.85" iPad and the next generation iPod nano.

First, the site reports that the new smaller iPad device will indeed be called "iPad mini":Next, the Japanese blog also believes the next iPod nano may come with Wi-Fi capabilities in order to enable iTunes in the Cloud support:Wi-Fi access would allow iPad nano users to redownload any past music, movies or TV shows onto their device when connected to a hotspot.

Macotakara again notes the mysterious holes found on the back casing of iPod Touch and offers a guess at NFC capabilities, but has no clear answer. Overall, Macotakara has had a mixed track record with their rumor reports.

Article Link: 7.85" iPad to be Called 'iPad Mini' and Wi-Fi (Cloud iTunes) Coming to iPod Nano?

Should be "iPod nano" right?

Aidan5806

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2012
The name is growing on me so: BRING ON THE IPAD MINI. And i think theres a lot you can do with a wifi based iPod nano. Sounds cool. teehee iSmartwatch

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Ipad mini to be called Ipad mini?

Since when is this news? Might solve the confusion between big Ipod and Ipod mini but it's still the same thing.

Also I struggle to see who would want to buy the Ipad mini over a reduced in price Ipad 2.

I think it's safe to say the 9.7" Ipad will continue to lead flagship sales for years to come. Ipad mini will only be a fashion product people looking at price will go for a more advanced old generation Ipad.

Suspended
Oct 24, 2007
What about a second camera for 3D? You would only want 1 mic and light source. Somehow I doubt it's that though.

Last edited by a moderator:

frank8880

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2012
Ipad mini to be called Ipad mini?

Since when is this news? Might solve the confusion between big Ipod and Ipod mini but it's still the same thing.

Also I struggle to see who would want to buy the Ipad mini over a reduced in price Ipad 2.

I think it's safe to say the 9.7" Ipad will continue to lead flagship sales for years to come. Ipad mini will only be a fashion product people looking at price will go for a more advanced old generation Ipad.

some people will buy the device for its dimensions not for its price. those customers would prefer the iPad mini rather than the old iPad2.

Also it will be a newer device, thus it would be more recent and include newer components and technology.

Some people also don't just like buying old stuff, and even if it is not as powerful as the iPad2, just for buying the latest iPad, some customers would rather prefer the mini.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
some people will buy the device for its dimensions not for its price. those customers would prefer the iPad mini rather than the old iPad2.

Also it will be a newer device, thus it would be more recent and include newer components and technology.

Some people also don't just like buying old stuff, and even if it is not as powerful as the iPad2, just for buying the latest iPad, some customers would rather prefer the mini.

Yes people who don't already own an Ipad maybe.

But when did Apple start targeting the low price tablet market?

Anybody buying a 7" one will use it, put it down get bored of it, try an Ipad and instantly prefer it.

iSengKin

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2012
Apple is full of surprises and when the next iPod nano comes out, it turns out to be an iWatch. :D

ajvizzgamer101

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2008
United States
iPad Mini isn't for the current iPad consumers... it's for the consumers that wants something cheaper for schools (instead of laptops), lighter for reading, smaller for backpacks. It makes sense for that kind of environment.

I wonder if the iPods will be at the iPhone event or the iPad event, that is if their are two separate events.

ferrariguy90

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2012
Please Apple, just release an iPod touch with updated internals and a decent camera. That’s all I’m asking for!!!

Attachments

• why_rage_guy_184790632.png
    why_rage_guy_184790632.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 196

slrandall

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Can't imagine they'd keep the Classic or the Shuffle.

All the new design changes the past few years have been centered on the Nano and the Touch.

olowott

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2011
Dundee, UK
Rumour is Heating up & looking Good, we need more real looking pictures.

but i still stand at a 50% chance an iPad mini will be created and it has to look different from the rest too.

kcwookie

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2003
I think it will be branded iPod, instead of the iPad so as not to dillute the iPad brand. I think the name of the something like iPod mega, or something like that. I don't believe it will have cellular capabilities, and will be closer related iPod than an iPad.

chaosconan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
I think it will be branded iPod, instead of the iPad so as not to dillute the iPad brand. I think the name of the something like iPod mega, or something like that. I don't believe it will have cellular capabilities, and will be closer related iPod than an iPad.

It has to be iPad Air so that it fits with their MacBook branded names.

15 inch iPad Pro (to be released in 2015)
10 inch iPad
7 inch iPad Air

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I hope Apple doesn't re-name the current iPad iPad Pro. I hate the word "pro" and to many people "pro" means professional (i.e. desktop OS/applications). Plus will there really be a difference in these two products other than size and maybe retina display?

chaosconan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
Bill Gates: Steve! What is best in life?
Steve Jobs: To crush your enemies tablets, see them driven to the dumpster or have them banned from being sold, and to hear the lamentation of their women. :apple:
Bill Gates: That is good! That is good.

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.