Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

austinguy23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
That's a meaningless statement. The "front panel" has looked the same since the original iPhone and that's all they're showing here.

I meant in general as there have been other leaks. The back panel doesn't look much different either...just slightly two-tone - big deal.

Last edited:

randonono

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2012
with all these parts leaked - anyone see anything that could be NFC or even more exciting acutec? (fingerprint tech aapl bought) maybe the shielding is more than just durability?

Nalim

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
with the latest batch of photos showing what appears to the most completely assembled front panel seen yet.

To be or not to be? That is the question.

semnil

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2012
Political issues that have been included in the text of this photo.
It is Senkaku issue.
Since I was a little anxious...

therealjustin

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2011
Not liking the taller screen at all. The iPhone screen desperately needs more width, not just height.

Hojyoteiri

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2012
The Japanese in the watermark

The full quote is:
"釣魚島は中国のもの、蒼井そらは世界のもの"

Literally translated as Japanese it means that "The fishing islands are Chinese and Aoi Sora is the world's." I believe the slogan uses the Chinese name for the islands, but I'm not certain.

These islands are referring to the Senkaku (尖閣) Islands. (Japanese Name)

Aoi Sora is a Japanese AV actress who gained notarity in China back in 2002.
Her name is also a homonym with "blue sky."

So basically, from what I read on it, it's a political gag directed at the Japanese and that has gained popularity among many Chinese regardless of gender since around Spring.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
I'm still a little reserved about this whole taller screen, but I'm excited to see what Apple has in store :).

While this new screen is taller than the current iPhone... a 4" 16:9 screen is nothing new.

They were popular... about 2 years ago ;)

tonyunreal

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2010
Those watermarks...facepalm.

Edit: nvm they're covered now.

Last edited:

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
Honestly, the best part of those photos is the new Home button.

The old design of the past 5 iPhones was unreliable. This one looks like the button can now be easily replaced.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
I don't like how the macrumors main page opens in desktop view and when I click on comments, it defaults to the mobile version. I have to scroll down and choose desktop view.

foranor

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
I'm finding it strange that for weeks now, rumors seem to revolve around the look of the thing.

I'd be far more interested in rumors about its phone capabilities.

LTE ? If yes, for everyone, or once more only for the US like in the new iPad?
NFC ?
Memorysizes? 16/32/64 or will we get 64/128/256? or only 8 again, since iTunes is now in the Cloud?

There seems to be very little information about the actual capabilities of this new phone, but a shi..oad of information about how the display will be a little elongated to accomodate more pixels.
Or have I been missing rumors? Recent ones?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.