Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shulerg

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2009
Congratulations to Bob Mansfield, this is a great position to be in. Sounds like maximum freedom to make great contributions without the baggage of being a full-time manager as well.

eddieairplanes

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2011
first thing to pop in my head:

Hall_and_Oates.jpg

carboncow

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2009
everyone at Apple has this "Stepford" look to me...grown up hipster, chic geek, I don't know what...but it looks like they drank some kind of kool-aid long before I did!

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
Look it is easy to see what happened to Mansfield...

Mansfield decided to retire. Cook said ok. In the meanwhile he watches underlings in the department f-up stuff including the e-peat (environmental stuff) debacle which Mansfield graciously took the fall for. Then in other departments where people have left Tim Cook watches more screw ups, like with the Apple Store "layoffs" that had to be immediately rescinded. Finally the quality control elsewhere shows flaws with a series of bad tv commercials coming out that also have to be erased from the airwaves and the internet within days of coming out. All this has to be concerning to Cook even though the company overall still continues to print money.

Soooo.... Tim Cook goes to Mansfield and says he needs his experience to help guide future manfuactrering decisions. Bob says "sorry, I want to sit on the beach in Mexico!" Tim then offers him more money than God, lets him keep a SVP title, and offers to let him works a couple days here and there around whatever schedule he basically wants, ie. to be a high paid consultant really and Bob, goes "sounds good!"

Tim Cook has more money than God at this point and I think he just paid a retiring vet a brick ton of money to stay in a made up title roll just to consult on decisions parttime...

Sardonick007

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
Wow

That dude scares me. He looks like one of the Sprockets dudes on SNL (of long ago). That, or a totally 70's creepy bar guy. I was just making fun of Google for all the weirdo looking people they have working for them and this happens.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Bob!!

Bob!!!! You made my day!!!!! I'm stoked now baby!!! Keep them focused, slap a few heads, scream at Scott a few more times. 9 more to go Bob. You can do it.

Glad that decision went Apple's way, eh Bob? ;)

Craig, and Dan. Report to Bob. :apple:

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
This place has struck rock bottom. A front page thread full of @#$%^& commenting on people's looks and posting pictures.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Look it is easy to see what happened to Mansfield...

Mansfield decided to retire. Cook said ok. In the meanwhile he watches underlings in the department f-up stuff including the e-peat (environmental stuff) debacle which Mansfield graciously took the fall for. Then in other departments where people have left Tim Cook watches more screw ups, like with the Apple Store "layoffs" that had to be immediately rescinded. Finally the quality control elsewhere shows flaws with a series of bad tv commercials coming out that also have to be erased from the airwaves and the internet within days of coming out. All this has to be concerning to Cook even though the company overall still continues to print money.

Soooo.... Tim Cook goes to Mansfield and says he needs his experience to help guide future manfuactrering decisions. Bob says "sorry, I want to sit on the beach in Mexico!" Tim then offers him more money than God, lets him keep a SVP title, and offers to let him works a couple days here and there around whatever schedule he basically wants, ie. to be a high paid consultant really and Bob, goes "sounds good!"

Tim Cook has more money than God at this point and I think he just paid a retiring vet a brick ton of money to stay in a made up title roll just to consult on decisions parttime...

Ok I have no idea what you just said. Wtf does hardware engineering have to do with TV ads and Apple retail stores? :confused:

Schizoid

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2008
UK
sorry everyone, but this is the funniest thread on this forum in a long while! I've been pissing myself laughing at Hall and Oates, and the Amadeus guy and the bloke with the Shredded Wheat™ on his head... and he hadn't even been Photoshopped!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.