Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

imageekygirl

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to provide my timeline. I was told that I was interviewing for the October 1st. class.

1.) 08/05/12 applied on Apple website w/cover letter
2.) 08/07/12 received questionnaire from recruiter and replied right away.
3.) 08/17/12 interview w/first recruiter (unexpected) called out of the blue.
4.) 08/20/12 2nd interview
5.) 08/21/12 received email to schedule 3rd interview
6.) 08/22/12 received email to complete the official Apple application
7.) 08/28/12 3rd interview (today LOL)
8.) 08/28/12 received HireRight email about 7 hours later. So now the waiting begins!

The time between 08/07/12-08/17/12 I didn't know what was going on. In the questionnaire email, it states that replying back doesn't guarantee an interview so when so much time went by, I thought Apple wasn't interested then I got that call out of the blue. She apologized for not getting back with me. She got super busy.

You make me feel SO much better! I started getting kinda depressed once it got later and later in the day today.. lol Okay now I'm going to keep my fingers crossed!

Questionnaire received Saturday at 12:03am, replied at 1:04pm, currently experiencing extreme state of anxiety waiting to see if my answers were as good as I thought they were... lol ugh honestly guys I haven't even been able to sleep and I got sick yesterday and in the middle of the night last night. WTF right? I'm that freakin anxious. I want to know if there is a rejection letter this early in the process or not? Or if its like on the website where you do your best, submit and try to forget about it?

mistatnn

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2012
Fedex'ed my papers yesterday. Guess the next step is receiving my equipment :):):)

Does anyone know what size iMacs are we getting. Also, do you know if they send an actual mouth or the trackpads?!?

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
You make me feel SO much better! I started getting kinda depressed once it got later and later in the day today.. lol Okay now I'm going to keep my fingers crossed!

Questionnaire received Saturday at 12:03am, replied at 1:04pm, currently experiencing extreme state of anxiety waiting to see if my answers were as good as I thought they were... lol ugh honestly guys I haven't even been able to sleep and I got sick yesterday and in the middle of the night last night. WTF right? I'm that freakin anxious. I want to know if there is a rejection letter this early in the process or not? Or if its like on the website where you do your best, submit and try to forget about it?

I think you need to put things in perspective. This is a job... nothing more, nothing less. And not even a high paying one at that. You're not getting married, you're not buying a house, you applied for a JOB. Get a grip, take things one day at a time, do what you're supposed to do and if it doesn't work out, move on with your job search.

Last edited:

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Next step

For anyone that's curious, after you fed-ex your packet back to Apple you'll receive a login for the employee section of the Apple web site. It explains benefits, new employee orientation, has links to the employee discount store etc.

ChaosxKitten

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2012
For anyone that's curious, after you fed-ex your packet back to Apple you'll receive a login for the employee section of the Apple web site. It explains benefits, new employee orientation, has links to the employee discount store etc.

I was just curious, I got my acceptance email and replied to it, but haven't received any email about setting up my meeting to go through the papers. How long did that take for you? I'm concerned that they didn't for some reason get my acceptance when I replied back.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
I was just curious, I got my acceptance email and replied to it, but haven't received any email about setting up my meeting to go through the papers. How long did that take for you? I'm concerned that they didn't for some reason get my acceptance when I replied back.

I double checked my e-mail to be sure but it took 30 minutes from the time I sent in the acceptance e-mail to the time they set up the paperwork session.

SCIONTX

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2012
While you were interviewing for Apple, did you tell them that you were currently working at kelly for the apple tech support? Just wondering if they care or not.

When I applied I wasn't in training. I didn't mention it throughout the process as I'm in training. You have to complete training successfully to actually make it to the live floor. They may have an agreement to not hire from their vendors. Not worth chancing if you ask me. I certainly won't be informing anyone that I was with Kelly for a stint.

Happyfeet21

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2012
When I applied I wasn't in training. I didn't mention it throughout the process as I'm in training. You have to complete training successfully to actually make it to the live floor.

Ok, thanks. Kelly told me I would be in the next training class but they don't have an exact date yet. I can't apply with Apple because they're not hiring for my state. I was thinking of doing the kelly thing and hoping Apple will eventually post in my area. I just didn't know if working for kelly would hurt my chances to be hired directly with Apple.

ChaosxKitten

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2012
I double checked my e-mail to be sure but it took 30 minutes from the time I sent in the acceptance e-mail to the time they set up the paperwork session.

That really worries me then because the cut off time for that acceptance was 8/27. I tried to call who was listed as my recruiter last night, but haven't heard anything back so I think if I don't hear from her a little later today I'm going to try and give her another call. Hopefully they got the email and they just haven't sent out that email yet cause I'd hate to have missed that deadline and have to do this all over again.

eckoreko

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2012
Got the Offer Letter Yesterday 8/28/12 at 4:02PM CST

Replied "I Accept" at 4:03PM CST

Got the email to sign up for a Paperwork session at 7:29PM on 8/28/12

Physical Paperwork showed up at my home on 8/29/12 (today) VIA FedEx at 9:38AM CST.

Paperwork Session tomorrow at noon CST 8/30/12

Start Date 9/17

Also wondering what equipment is sent out if anyone can share?

jlb13085

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2012
Summerville, SC
Now have the email to new hire paperwork link but, wouldn't you know it, I can't sign in with my Apple id. Reset the password the times, still says invalid password. Used different machines, nothing. Between not receiving my initial offer letter and this I'm on edge :p

gypsee

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2012
I'm concerned as I put my two week notice in at my current job and they have already hired my replacement.

Know what you mean, I turned down another offer after accepting the Apple gig. Surely they wouldn't change their minds and not let us know....

Pilot DC

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2012
Yeah I'm in Garland and I applied to every location in Texas and nearby states. I dunno which one actually triggered a quicker response or if it was just because I used my original apple Id for the second application.
I begin sept 10.
I posted a bunch of questions from my final interview earlier if you want to check those out.

I'm in Wylie. Completed 2nd interview via Skype, and was told I was being put through to a third interview. I have a strong computer background and A+, Network+ certified.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
That really worries me then because the cut off time for that acceptance was 8/27. I tried to call who was listed as my recruiter last night, but haven't heard anything back so I think if I don't hear from her a little later today I'm going to try and give her another call. Hopefully they got the email and they just haven't sent out that email yet cause I'd hate to have missed that deadline and have to do this all over again.

That's a tough one. If your mail went out there's a 99.9% they got it... assuming of course that you just hit "reply" and that it's not sitting in your mail's outbox. So, my guess is you did not miss the "accept by" date but they are taking a little longer to get back to people regarding the employee packet info. teleconference. I'd probably e-mail the woman that sent me the acceptance letter first, since she is the same one that sent the paperwork session as well. If I didn't hear back within 24 hours, then I'd try to call her.

dominus247

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2011
I just got my first phone call today after I sent out a reply emial two days ago. I'm kind of on the fence on this job because I don't know what to expect. How are the hours? I know they say from 5am-11pm but I go to school full time at my college. Three online classes and one on campus. Do they work around your schedule? And if I decide to take the job, get the imac, but decide I don't like it, do I need to send the iMac back? Just a few questions I have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.