Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:59 AM   #1
the7th1
macrumors newbie

iWeb alternatives are really not alternatives!

Hi there! I have used iWeb for apprx 6 years now, and maintain 3 small websites with it. Having absolutely NO CSS/HTML skills what so ever, this is the perfect tool for me. I have been looking all over for an alternative, since Apple do no longer update iWeb. I have tested RapidWeaver, Sandvox, FreeWay etc etc. Unless I buy a PRO version (hundreds of dollars) there is litterally no alternative as easy to use a iWeb for me. I do not like the templates that come with the "Express" versions. And there are MANY limitations. In iWeb there may be limitations to styles/formats etc, but with some drag and drop excersises this is quickly done, and I do not feel limited at all. And I can actually start completely from scratch with just drag&drop. Files are stored easily etc. Everywhere else I test, I have to get used to a somewhat more complicated scenario. iWeb is simplicity at its best. Am I the only one missing a point?

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development