Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded a new version of OS X Lio 10.7.5 to developers for testing. The new version, Build 11G45, arrives less than two weeks after the previous seed, and the build increment of nine suggests that Apple has been continuing to make a number of tweaks to the update in preparation for a public launch.

11g45.jpg

Apple continues to list no known issues with the update and is asking developers to focus on the same testing areas as in the previous build, which included graphics performance and image and media handling.

Article Link: OS X Lion 10.7.5 Build 11G45 Seeded to Developers

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
Hoping this update will squeak out a few more bugs and fix some odd issues with OS X refusing to boot while connected to my ACD. By itself my MBP still works great but would love to stomp out the vsync problems in both gaming and general use.

isrefel

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2012
I'm glad they're patching up Lion, however id really like a firmware update fixing all of the issues on the i7 MBA under boot camp. Or the plethora of other issue plaguing ML

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
People still use Lion?
Why? ML is so much better!

Mountain Lion will - in the future, after at least four bug fixes - be better than Lion. As of right now, as bad as Lion is, it is more stable and reliable than Mountain Lion.

At the moment, Snow Leopard is still more stable and reliable than Lion, though.

goosnarrggh

macrumors 68000
May 16, 2006
People still use Lion?
Why? ML is so much better!

The reasons for my newest Mac running Lion are very similar to the reasons for my older slightly Mac running Snow Leopard: Incompatibility.

My newest Mac is compatible with Lion (64-bit Intel CPU), but Mountain Lion cannot be installed on it due to a 32-bit EFI. Therefore it remains on Lion. Lion is still receiving bug fixes and security patches (and will probably continue to do so for the next 12 months or so), so I feel perfectly safe with this situation.

My slightly older Mac is compatible with Snow Leopard (Intel CPU), but Lion cannot be installed on it due to a 32-bit CPU. Therefore it remains (for now) on Snow Leopard. Once the list of unpatched security vulnerabilities for Snow Leopard starts to really stack up, I'll re-evaluate the possibility of switching to a new OS that still offers security support for that hardware (such as Linux or Windows).

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
They know a significant chunk of users are cut off from ML, so they're fixing all they can in 10.7.5 to make it as stable as possible i gues..

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
There is an error in the server version seed note.

It says "Should you encounter any problems, please submit a bug report using the online Bug Reporter at http://bugreporter.apple.com. Please make sure to include 'Server 10.7.5 (11G36)' in the bug title and description."

It actually should say "Please make sure to include 'Server 10.7.5 (11G45)' in the bug title and description."

Last edited:

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Some of us out here use our macs for mission critical functions, thus updating to a dot-zero release would be careless and stupid.

My Mac Mini hosts 4 websites for my business. I upgraded to Mountain Lion the day after release, and I've had no issues with any software, or anything 'mission critical'.

I have had 1 issue so far - after updating the to the .1 release, I patched my box, it rebooted, and the login screen came up. I did NOT log in physically to the box, but instead logged into a remote shell from another box. When I tried to physically log in a day later, it would not accept my username/password. I had to reboot the box from a remote shell, then it worked. Very odd.

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
Has anyone installed this? My MP, started flaking out right after i put this latest build on it. The previous build ran fine, however this one keeps effecting 1 of my 8 cores for some reason [ at least that's what the Error Report told me after I finally got it to boot in SAFE MODE].

I can't figure it out. I'm now repairing permissions.

Detrius

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2008
Apex, NC
Has anyone installed this? My MP, started flaking out right after i put this latest build on it. The previous build ran fine, however this one keeps effecting 1 of my 8 cores for some reason [ at least that's what the Error Report told me after I finally got it to boot in SAFE MODE].

I can't figure it out. I'm now repairing permissions.

Repairing permissions won't fix it any more than homeopathic remedies will fix a cold. It's the voodoo that people who don't know how Macs work will recommend to other people who know less. Seriously.

Since it's a pre-release build, you should instead boot to your copy of the latest stable release of an OS because no one is silly enough to install pre-release software as their only OS. If you still have issues there, then you have a hardware issue unrelated to the pre-release build. If you don't have issues, you may still have a hardware issue, or it may be a bug in the software. Go through the normal procedures that you as a developer with access to this software would normally follow in order to discuss the issue with Apple.

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
Repairing permissions won't fix it any more than homeopathic remedies will fix a cold. It's the voodoo that people who don't know how Macs work will recommend to other people who know less. Seriously.

Since it's a pre-release build, you should instead boot to your copy of the latest stable release of an OS because no one is silly enough to install pre-release software as their only OS. If you still have issues there, then you have a hardware issue unrelated to the pre-release build. If you don't have issues, you may still have a hardware issue, or it may be a bug in the software. Go through the normal procedures that you as a developer with access to this software would normally follow in order to discuss the issue with Apple.

I understand your thoughts, and yes this is not my only OS on this machine. However, I did go through the normal procedures. I also did a repair permissions, and it did fix the issue I was having at the time.

Now, it seems the my MacPro is plagued with Kernal Panics, and a Repeating Restart. I woke up this morning at 3:30am to the chime of the machine reboot every minute or two. I have tried rebooting in SAFE MODE, and that doesn't seem to work either. I will have to look into it more once I get home from work later today.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
I have this build installed on my Mac Pro '08.
All seems well!

It seems that the "final" 10.7.5 looks some ways away.... It still says "TBD" on one of the installer-windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.