Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dominus247

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2011
okay ..well my main question then is ...do they give you a set time like say 4pm-8pm or do you have to available throughout the whole day?

SCIONTX

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2012
okay ..well my main question then is ...do they give you a set time like say 4pm-8pm or do you have to available throughout the whole day?

You won't know until you finish training. You may be able to submit schedule preferences, but that doesn't mean you'll get your choice. It's based on anticipated call volume.

The training is full-time from 9:00am-6:00pm (central) I believe. Mon-Fri.

mistatnn

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2012
I just got my first phone call today after I sent out a reply emial two days ago. I'm kind of on the fence on this job because I don't know what to expect. How are the hours? I know they say from 5am-11pm but I go to school full time at my college. Three online classes and one on campus. Do they work around your schedule? And if I decide to take the job, get the imac, but decide I don't like it, do I need to send the iMac back? Just a few questions I have

Are you serious??? Lol its not yours to keep. If you get a job with a company car and you quit, do you think you get to keep it?!?! LOLOL

dominus247

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2011
Thanks for the responses ..but I was just hoping to be able to keep it after a certain amount of time ..haha

imageekygirl

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2012
I think you need to put things in perspective. This is a job... nothing more, nothing less. And not even a high paying one at that. You're not getting married, you're not buying a house, you applied for a JOB. Get a grip, take things one day at a time, do what you're supposed to do and if it doesn't work out, move on with your job search.

That is your perspective, but okay. I'm assuming you're older than me and have a degree or experience that shows the direction your career is taking. I understand that to someone who has established themselves in their career path this is, simply put, is an entry-level "not even high paying" job.

Goodness. You know, I'm pretty anxious and what not but wow...you need to take a deep breath. It's absolutely ridiculous to be so wound up over it that you get ill. Really. I've wanted to work for Apple for years but wow...try to relax. Bottom line, it's a job. If you're meant to get it, you will, and if not, then you deal.

I'm aware that it's ridiculous to get sick with anxiety. But I'm out of Klonopin and **** happens.

You guys are silly. How about we ALL calm down a little bit? Yay for hugs and Apple and junk!

But to the point, today is the 3rd business day since I responded to the questionnaire. Still haven't heard anything but I really did do my very best at conveying myself accurately in the responses so if I don't get a call I will just reapply later... or maybe cry myself to sleep every night wondering WHY, GOD, WHY?!?!?

eckoreko

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2012
Here is my questionare/answers that got me an interview

1. Are you able to secure a quiet area, desk, ergonomic chair, and a dedicated phone line to work at least 20 hours from your home?

Yes

2. Are you able to flex up your hours for busy times up to 40 hours (or more) within the following window: 5:00am-11:30pm CST and at least 8 of these hours per week would be on a weekend?

Yes

3. Can you start on 8/13 and participate in 5 weeks of paid training from your home which would be 10am-7pm CST Monday-Friday or Tues-Sat but may change based on business need?

Yes

4. Why are you interested in Apple and this position?

I see this as a career opportunity that will allow me to excell at my dream job. I am an Apple addict. I live and breathe all things Apple.

5. We start at $14.00/hr for this role, is that acceptable? We also provide Apple Corporate benefits.

In all honesty I would prefer a higher salary based off my experience and knowledge. However I don't want to pass up this opportunity. I am open to discuss the pay if that is an option. I hope this doesn't exclude me from this position.

6. What do you know about Apple Care and our products?

I use multiple Apple products on a daily basis. I am aware of Apple Care and what it offers however I have yet to use it due to the fact that I support my own products (not that I have an issues). I am familiar with all Apple products and the "Extended Warranty" if you will called Apple Care that grants you additional protection for your Apple Products.

7. Are you available for a phone interview today or tomorrow?

Yes, Either day.

8. Provide your phone number.

9. Do you have a Skype or FaceTime account? If you're selected for an official interview, the preferred method for an interview is one of these. If you do not have a device with a camera, we understand. Please advise your contact info if applicable.

FaceTime: ********

10. Please confirm the job/requisition number (from the Apple/job site) that you've applied for. If you don't know what that is, confirm the City and State you're currently living in.

Requisition #******** for the AppleCare At Home Advisor position

11. Please confirm that you're willing to accept part-time work, minimum of 20hrs per week during the hours of operation, 5.00am to 11.30pm Central Standard Time. This position is not intended for supplemental income or for students attending on-campus classes, we need flexibility/availability as outlined.

Yes, Confirmed

12. Are you technical? Please provide a statement regarding your professional technical support experience.

I am fluent in troubleshooting Windows XP, Vista, and 7. As well as Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2012, and Office for Mac. I am fluent in Mac OsX, iOS.
I am able to use basic trouble shooting skills to identify the issue and needs of customer in order to find a resolution the first time. I believe in One call resolutions.

13. What is the definition of Hardware? Software? Would you be able to explain them to someone non-technical?

Hardware: the physical device that hold all the componets of your PC/Mac/. If you can see it, feel it, and touch it this is hardware.
Non-Technical discription: the physical device that is on your desk/lap.

Software: A program that is running on your PC/Mac. For Example Office Suite, i Works, etc...

Non-Technical discription: When you click on an icon on your dock/desktop that is for the software that is install on your PC/Mac

14. Please include your full name, last, then first.
*******, *****

richleaves

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2012
That is your perspective, but okay. I'm assuming you're older than me and have a degree or experience that shows the direction your career is taking. I understand that to someone who has established themselves in their career path this is, simply put, is an entry-level "not even high paying" job.

I'm aware that it's ridiculous to get sick with anxiety. But I'm out of Klonopin and **** happens.

You guys are silly. How about we ALL calm down a little bit? Yay for hugs and Apple and junk!

But to the point, today is the 3rd business day since I responded to the questionnaire. Still haven't heard anything but I really did do my very best at conveying myself accurately in the responses so if I don't get a call I will just reapply later... or maybe cry myself to sleep every night wondering WHY, GOD, WHY?!?!?

I applied wed night and got questionaire wed and replied and received 1st interview this evening and 2nd interview tommorrow.

The recruiter did say that the most important part of the questionaire is why do you want to work at apple. She said most people don't get through because of their lack of an answer.

By the way the questions she ask were spot on, thanks.

ChaosxKitten

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2012

I'm with you geekygirl. I think we need to remember that we're here to help each other out and answer questions and ask questions. There's no reason to be rude and ugly, especially to people we might possibly be working with.

I know how you felt, I've worked at a temp agency doing apple tech support so that I could build up my experience in hopes of one day working for Apple directly. So this opportunity was a big deal and I was extremely anxious and for the first few days had trouble sleeping. I think I might have driven my boyfriend and my best friend close to the bring of insanity haha. This means a huge opportunity not only for working with Apple, but making that amount of money and getting to work at home after having to drive 30 minutes every day back and forth to get to a tech job where I make barely enough to get by. I'd definitely say to distract yourself though and take comfort that all of us have seen delays here within the last week or so in receiving emails and paperwork. I just received my email today after a week or so from getting the actual acceptance email so I think Apple's just not in that much of a rush as they originally were.

eckoreko

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2012
I don't see this as just a job, but as an opportunity. I can tell you that I currently make 26$ an hour at my current job, and am giving that all up to work at Apple for less pay. I am doing this willingly to get the opportunity to have a career at what I consider to be a dream company.

So feel free to flash and bash me all you want. But I will admit that I was anxious during the beginning of this entire process. Once I got the email from Hire Right I finally calmed down as I figured if they are going this far they are interested in me.

gypsee

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2012

I'm with you geekygirl. I think we need to remember that we're here to help each other out and answer questions and ask questions. There's no reason to be rude and ugly, especially to people we might possibly be working with.

I know how you felt, I've worked at a temp agency doing apple tech support so that I could build up my experience in hopes of one day working for Apple directly. So this opportunity was a big deal and I was extremely anxious and for the first few days had trouble sleeping. I think I might have driven my boyfriend and my best friend close to the bring of insanity haha. This means a huge opportunity not only for working with Apple, but making that amount of money and getting to work at home after having to drive 30 minutes every day back and forth to get to a tech job where I make barely enough to get by. I'd definitely say to distract yourself though and take comfort that all of us have seen delays here within the last week or so in receiving emails and paperwork. I just received my email today after a week or so from getting the actual acceptance email so I think Apple's just not in that much of a rush as they originally were.

Thanks for mentioning the delays. I accepted the verbal job offer and am still awaiting my acceptance email a week later, it does put you on edge.

ChaosxKitten

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2012
I don't see this as just a job, but as an opportunity. I can tell you that I currently make 26$ an hour at my current job, and am giving that all up to work at Apple for less pay. I am doing this willingly to get the opportunity to have a career at what I consider to be a dream company.

So feel free to flash and bash me all you want. But I will admit that I was anxious during the beginning of this entire process. Once I got the email from Hire Right I finally calmed down as I figured if they are going this far they are interested in me.

I'm not trying to bash anyone, but I don't see all the need for the hostility. Just relax and let live. There are people here who obviously aren't at the advantage that you are in your current position. I think it's commendable for anyone to follow their dreams and I've had some people tell me it was too much of a risk to leave my stable full time job for a part time opportunity. I could never pass up an opportunity with Apple though, which has been what I've been dreaming of and working towards for a long time. I just think we need to be empathetic towards each other.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012

/QUOTE]

A degree.. No. A lot of experience.. yes. An established career.. no. And I'm probably at least twice as old as most anyone in this forum. But I've lived in 7 states and 3 countries, I have had high paying jobs and I have lived in homeless shelters. Not getting a particular job can be disappointing but I've come across much bigger pot holes than that in my 50+ years on this planet. A job is not my raison d'être, it's not the foundation of my emotional well being, it's something I do in order to be a part of society. Hopefully it's something I enjoy doing as well.

I did not know that you were struggling with panic attacks... you may have placed yourself in a precarious position as any job seeking process can be emotionally stressful at best. I hope you have people to talk with that can help keep you on an even keel.

dallasd

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2012
Well my Kelly Job has ended

Hi Everyone!

I would like to say congratulations to everyone that has gotten through with Apple or even Kelly. I was in training with Kelly aka Kelly connect and my training started on August 13th. I passed the very first test with flying colors but the second test I didn't do so well. Not because I didn't understand but simply because the test is timed for about 90 mins and where I live had started experiencing weather issues from Tropical Storm Isaac. We started feeling it on Friday August 24th and it caused the internet to slow down and caused the browser Safari to not respond. I provided this information to the trainers who then even screen shared with me. When the issue was fixed they provided an additional 5 minutes to my testing time but I had been experiencing this for 20 mins. It even took 7 mins to log back into the test. As a result I failed the test because all unanswered questions are considered wrong.

I was called on Monday by a Kelly rep thinking that they were going to reschedule me for a different class but instead I was told I was what they called "Off Boarded" from the program because I did not qualify to retest. I tried to get a word in edge wise in regards to what happened but the rep acted as if he was cluless and not one person had mentioned what happened and why the test came out the way it did. :eek:... I sent e-mails to not only the training department but to the staffing department as well and they acted as if it didn't matter. All the kelly rep had to say was someone will call me in a week to verify my address to send return labels that must be signed for so I can send back their equipment. I asked him to speak to the director because the information could be easily verified in regards to the weather and he said he will run it by her but the answer for me to stay would be no. I took it upon myself to write her a letter anyways but never heard back. I don't really hold a grudge but I even wrote them to let them know I had no electricity and was told it would not be on until Wednesday and I did this from my HTC phone. I just got power back and now I am jobless. Oh well. I have already appled with Apple so lets see what happens with that.

SCIONTX

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2012
Hi Everyone!

I would like to say congratulations to everyone that has gotten through with Apple or even Kelly. I was in training with Kelly aka Kelly connect and my training started on August 13th. I passed the very first test with flying colors but the second test I didn't do so well. Not because I didn't understand but simply because the test is timed for about 90 mins and where I live had started experiencing weather issues from Tropical Storm Isaac...

That's unfortunate you were booted out like that. They always stress calling the toll-free KellyConnect number to report an absence/tardy or anything that prevents you from being in training. Did you call them when you were experiencing issues? That would have been documented.

Taby0424

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2012
Hi Everyone!

I would like to say congratulations to everyone that has gotten through with Apple or even Kelly. I was in training with Kelly aka Kelly connect and my training started on August 13th. I passed the very first test with flying colors but the second test I didn't do so well. Not because I didn't understand but simply because the test is timed for about 90 mins and where I live had started experiencing weather issues from Tropical Storm Isaac. We started feeling it on Friday August 24th and it caused the internet to slow down and caused the browser Safari to not respond. I provided this information to the trainers who then even screen shared with me. When the issue was fixed they provided an additional 5 minutes to my testing time but I had been experiencing this for 20 mins. It even took 7 mins to log back into the test. As a result I failed the test because all unanswered questions are considered wrong.

I was called on Monday by a Kelly rep thinking that they were going to reschedule me for a different class but instead I was told I was what they called "Off Boarded" from the program because I did not qualify to retest. I tried to get a word in edge wise in regards to what happened but the rep acted as if he was cluless and not one person had mentioned what happened and why the test came out the way it did. :eek:... I sent e-mails to not only the training department but to the staffing department as well and they acted as if it didn't matter. All the kelly rep had to say was someone will call me in a week to verify my address to send return labels that must be signed for so I can send back their equipment. I asked him to speak to the director because the information could be easily verified in regards to the weather and he said he will run it by her but the answer for me to stay would be no. I took it upon myself to write her a letter anyways but never heard back. I don't really hold a grudge but I even wrote them to let them know I had no electricity and was told it would not be on until Wednesday and I did this from my HTC phone. I just got power back and now I am jobless. Oh well. I have already appled with Apple so lets see what happens with that.

Dang im sorry to hear that but I hope all goes well with apple. I'm sure you'll enjoy that more than Kelly anyway.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Hi Everyone!

Where the heck are you? Isaac didn't even reach Haiti until Sat. and would have had zero effect on the continental US until after the weekend when it approached the southern tip of Florida. I can understand internet outages but if someone told me Isaac was responsible for connection problems late last week I would have called BS unless they lived in the Caribbean somewhere.

That being said, I've found Kelly to be pretty incompetent and you would not have gotten far with them anyway.

dominus247

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2011
currently have a SKYPE interview today ..kind of nervous. What should i expect? It's going to be a 20 minute interview. Which questions were asked pertty frequently

eckoreko

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2012
currently have a SKYPE interview today ..kind of nervous. What should i expect? It's going to be a 20 minute interview. Which questions were asked pertty frequently

I was asked the same questions as on my Questionaire, with one or 2 more.

What is empathy, and can you give an example?
What is Sympathy, and can you give an example?
What is Hardware, and software? Can you describe in technical terms, and leyman's terms?
What are some challanges I have faced with customers?
What accomplishments amI proud of?
How do you delete an app off an iPhone?

etc...

Also did a role play when the customer was asking about an isse with his iPad that wouldnt come on after he had dropped it. I made sure that I expressed empathy in how the customer would have felt dropping his app, and offered a solution.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!

VA-Enthusiast

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2012
Dang im sorry to hear that but I hope all goes well with apple. I'm sure you'll enjoy that more than Kelly anyway.

Taby, dallasd, deja vue! Dallasd, I sent you a private email. Taby gives very good insight on how to overcome this obstacle. I've pinned her the "Apple Advocate" for this forum! Read some of her previous postings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.