Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last week, we shared photos of the leaked dock connector and headphone jack for the next-generation iPhone paired with a leaked rear shell for the device, demonstrating that the independently-obtained parts are indeed compatible and giving a good overview of what the bottom of the device will look like.

Sohu now posts (via Nowhereelse.fr) a new set of photos of parts for the next iPhone, including a photo showing a number of components placed into their proper positions within the rear shell. The flex cable housing the external buttons, the SIM tray, and dock connector/headphone jack flex cable can all be seen in the photo. Much of the remainder of the interior of the device will be taken up by the battery and logic board, which would be installed on the left and right sides respectively.

iphone_2012_rear_partial_assembly.jpg

Parts repair firm iResQ published a set of photos with a similar theme earlier this week, installing the bare components into their proper positions in the rear shell.

The photos from Sohu also show an assembled front panel for the next-generation iPhone placed onto this partially assembled rear shell, giving a good look at the overall appearance of the device. Photos of a similar assembly appeared a month ago, but these new photos offer a fresh perspective on the complete device, comparing it to the iPhone 4 and 3GS and giving a good look at the comparative thickness of the three devices.

iphone_3gs_4_5_sides.jpg

One final tidbit comes from iLab Factory, which posts a photo of the silver rear shell of the white next-generation iPhone but with black strips at the top and bottom for the antennas. All other photos of the rear shell from the white device seen to date have contained white strips.

iphone_2012_black_white_rear.jpg

Article Link: Photos of Partially Assembled Next-Generation iPhone Show Component Layout, Thickness Comparison

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I think they combined the two colors in the last picture, the black with the "light" aluminum color looks weird.

I like the new thinness of it though.

municipality

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2011
I'm still skeptical about this being the final design, not because of the stretched screen, but damn, those are some fugly speaker grills.

AppleFan115

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2012
For all the people still complaining about this phone. Remember, there are other choices. Vote with your wallet. Thats the only way Apple will change their approach to making iPhones. I for one am loving the design and will most definitely upgrade to this device. It is absolutely beautiful.

miknos

Suspended
Mar 14, 2008
Looks like a decent improvement against the previous model.

-Probably some upgrades in cpu/ram/etc
-Bigger screen
-Thinner

It's taller but not much. I think it's a good upgrade. You can't improve that much the better smartphone in the world.

Personally I don't like the back part but I'll use a silicon cover anyways.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
thinner, battery, longer

YAWN

love my 4S but i want a bigger screen and don't want to buy another ipad or tablet

Mago

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2011
Beyond the Thunderdome
Still a fake backbody, the real one will have some Bisel and iPad Like laser Drilled Holes, no idea on material but maybe not aluminum.

attachment.php

Note the aluminum finish come from a removable shell that disguises real finnish, source alleged to be full white or black.

Nathan20

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2012
The black strips on the back make the inclusion of the finger print scanner in the top left corner more plausible, since it blends in.

Allenbf

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
Elsewhere, USA
I think they combined the two colors in the last picture, the black with the "light" aluminum color looks weird.

I like the new thinness of it though.

Ha, that's funny. I saw the last pic and thought "that's the best I've seen so far"

No accounting for personal taste, I guess :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.